Elevator Pitch???

k_camacho11 Guest

I've noticed that when I take my Triple 7 up to 30,000 ft and put Max throttle...the airplane goes about 370 Knots but the nose pitch is high...it looks like the plane is climbing but its not...the same thing happens when u go 250 knots under 10,000 with no flaps..is there a way to fix that and level the plane????

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

k_camacho11 wrote:

I've noticed that when I take my Triple 7 up to 30,000 ft and put Max throttle...the airplane goes about 370 Knots but the nose pitch is high...it looks like the plane is climbing but its not...the same thing happens when u go 250 knots under 10,000 with no flaps..is there a way to fix that and level the plane????

Which 777? I got about a dozen of them and they don't all have the same flight characteristics. Umm...

k_camacho11 Guest

the standard 777 of Flight simulator 2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Try decreasing your rate of ascent. It sounds like the aircraft is trying to reach an altitude at a given rate that is too high, so the aircraft is pitching up. If this is the case, you are close to a stall, and should lower the nose immediately.

Secondly, if you are flying long distance and are trying to climb to a high altitude, the aircraft may be too heavy to climb. In that case, you'll have to initiate the 'step climb' which is where you climb to a lower altitude and cruise at that altitude in order to burn off some fuel 😉

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Most cruise with an attitude of 3-5 degrees nose up. Have a look on the artificial horizon and let us know what it is indicating then we can better advise.

k_camacho11 Guest

I don't think it is the weight of the plane OR the rate of ascent. My rate of climb from FL25 to FL30 was 700 ft per minute...Also, My 777 was basically empty and its nose was pitched up while I was cruising at FL30. There must be a way to fix that since u see other AI planes in the game cruising at about FL34 perfectly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The large aircraft in Flight Simulator and in real life don't cruise with the nose of the aircraft at zero pitch or completely level. What you're experiencing is normal. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...