APP Hold

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

What does the APP Hold button do?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

When you approaching the airport with the APP enable the craft start rounding over it.If you have it disable the craft will pass the airport and continue the course you have select to the AP(auto pilot).Its an option which works only with AP on.

Still doesn't answer what the button does really.
Cann you be more precise?
I thought the APP button lands the craft?

Pro Member First Officer

and thats what i was hoping it would do

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

No, the APP Mode doesn't land the aircraft.
What is does is fly the glideslope and the localizer by itself. You will only need to change the speed and lower the flaps.

To activate the APP you have to be already on the localizer or below it. The APP won't turn for you to capture the localizer. So once you are in the localizer, even if you are a bit off the runway, the APP will correct it and approach the runway correctly. If you want the aircraft to autoland, then you need to perfom a CAT II landing, which is an autoland. Some panels come with an autoland button, though.

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

The APP button is used when, for example, you're given vectors to final on an ILS approach. You're cleared for an ils approach into the airport, so atc will tell you "Boeing Whatever turn right heading xxx, descend and maintain xx thousand, cleared ils runway xx R approach, contact tower con xxx.xx".....by now you should have the ils freq. tuned into NAV 1, make sure the NAV/GPS switch is on NAV.
Once you turn into the heading atc told you to, and are at the correct altitude.....this is when you hit the APP button and the plane will line up and descend onto the runway by itself. This is not, however, an autoland system.

Pro Member First Officer

what pannles come with autoland?

Pro Member Chief Captain

The only one I know is the Greg737.

Go to avsim and write greg737 to get the panel.

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

The Greg panel is the one I use and it's quite good. Even though it has a working autoland button, touchdown always seems to be quite hard. I just mention this because if you're using FS Passengers you might have some angry passengers because of a hard landing.

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂 you are right! That autoland of the Greg panel is a bit hard. I use this panel with my 757's. What I really like about this panels are the cabin sounds. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...