St Martin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Hi all you St Martin fans just found this nice d/load called ➡
Carib_Nd.zip
Its over at www.flightsim.com

I just landed a Fedex DC10 and only just stopped in time.........How do they do it in a 747??

It covers a few islands ➡
Beef, Anegada, Gorda, Sain Croix, Sain Thomas, Anguilla, St Martin,Guadeloupe, St Barthelemy, Saba, St Eustatius,
St Kitts, Nevis, Antigua and Montserrat

Im off to have another go at that landing Fear

TTT

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Having went to a wedding in St. Maarten last year, YOU WANT TO BE THERE WHEN THE 747s COME AT YOU !!

It's like nothing on earth, you're sitting on the beach and the noise is unreal, then it's like a total eclipse when a Jumbo comes over...

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Lucky you

There are some great little videos showing aircraft landing,one of my favs is a 747 turning on to the runway ready for takeoff and blowing people off the beach with the jet blast,which is a fair way off
That video and 100/s of others can be found on this Dutch/English site(free membership required) ➡

http://www.atcbox.com/

Plus a good selection of scenery 👍

Have a look

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

TTT

Have you had any problems with this scenery as AI traffic/taxiways/runways float.

I seem to remember that you can adjust the height some how????? ❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

😀 Hi all you St Martin fans just found this nice d/load called ➡
Carib_Nd.zip
Its over at www.flightsim.com

It's too bad, I'd like to get that "Carib_Nd.zip" download but it seems the nodes are always full at Flightsim.com... unless of course... 😉 you pay for a full membership... then the nodes are always empty...😳 MIRACULOUSLY!

I do not mind paying if the site is advertised as such and I know where I stand up front. I do not like the game they are playing there. They let the registered user (I am) think downloads are available. They are not! I have visited there at every hour and day. I was allowed to d/l one file a few months ago.

Alas! 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

TTT did you miss my question mid August ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

regards

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Oops! Sorry,ive had one or two problems

Its gone from my pc now but will reinstal it in a moment Umm... where did I put it?
In the meantime have you tried Afcad2 to lower or raise the scenery
1st goto St Maartin in fs9 and use the map to check out the hight(use the control tower and put it in the runway and other parts of the airport)
make a note of the hight
Close fs9 and open Afcad2 and check that its locked to flightsim (under view tab)You can also try the fault finder
Click insert tab and click and that will tell you the ASI elivation(at sea level) it should be 13ft
As for not being able to logon to flightsim site I have just d/loaded the file while typing this(you gotta keep trying)it took me 3 logins to get there

Ok will install now...................back soon Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 😕
That never happened before
Dont touch anything,but give me a few days (I off again Friday for two days to France)
But you have waited a while already 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

No probs......have a nice time

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ermm... strange as it seems to be the AI traffic that floats
Ive tried adjusting it with Afcad and everything is the same Crying or Very sad
Also looked for a patch Crying or Very sad

For the time being put it on the backburner and Ill still have a tweak Hack

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...