HELP ! I can't install abacus- euro enhanced terrain!

Falcon.DK Guest

When I try to install I just got the message "01/01/1980 is not a valid date". And then the installation hangs.

AMD XP3200
Radeon XT9800
1 gig. PC 2700
Audigy 2
Saitek X45

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Have you got the CD version or did you d/load it

I have the CD and it loaded sweet into fs9 and I just put it into fs8...no probs again

If its a d/load you may have to do it again Ill If its the CD version and you have 2 CD drives try the other one( No, No! figer marks)

Let us know how you get on

TTT

Falcon.DK Guest

I got the original CD. Just bought it today!! Tried it on 2 different drives. Same error on both of them.

It starts extracting, and then "01/01/1980 is not a valid date". Program hangs.

I have now copied all the files to the FS2004 directory, and it all seems to work perfectly. I can fly the missions, choose the Piper super cub, and the terrain is just beutyfull all across europe.

But why do I get this error when installing from the setup file? Its a brand new system.. almost no programs installed exept FS2004....

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Im glad you got it going as it really brings the scenery to life
As to why? Im not sure 😕 It may just be a faulty CD.Can you take/send it back ?
Ive checked the pulishers site and there is a contact address and phone number ➡

http://www.abacuspub.com/

Just in case you got it from the same supplier as me ➡

http://www.contact-simulations.com/acatalog/info.html

The hills are alive with the sound of aircraft Embarassed

Happy flying

TTT

Pro Member Trainee
Mediatech Trainee

I just installed the 9800 pro replacing the 9200 but I find the scenery is still taking time to load. These are quite detailed for Canada, the Toronto region, but I am finding the video hesitates when you are flying, it's only with this scenery, the ones that come loaded with FS2004 are OK, the flying is quite smooth, but not with the new stuff.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 You keep jumping about 🙄
What scenery is it?

TTT

Pro Member Trainee
Mediatech Trainee

I downloaded some scenery from walhalla for southern Ontario and it included 4 airports around Toronto. Great scenery, very detailed but video is not too smooth.
The jumping about, is me trying to find some answers, and it seems that others in different parts of this forum are relating to the same subject, just different headings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Was it from here? ➡

http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004/canada.php

If so which one?

Pro Member Trainee
Mediatech Trainee

I downloaded Toronto International and regions Ontario south!!

Pro Member Trainee
Mediatech Trainee

Yes!!! to your Question, it was from that site.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😞 I can not d/load it from Avsim at the moment? Must be busy Mad
So ill try a bit later 😉

TTT

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...