default 747

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Sorry for the dumb question but i have just flown from Sydney (oz!!) to Manchester in the default 747. I didn't think that was possible in the real world???

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you have unlimited fuel checked yes. That'll do it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

no.... and ive just done a quick calculation using fs passengers and at 35000ft at mch 8 it recons i could fly for 37 hours???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

no.... and ive just done a quick calculation using fs passengers and at 35000ft at mch 8 it recons i could fly for 37 hours???

I'm told that FSpax gets the facts wrong at times. If you use an external calculator, this might help ➡ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747#Technical_data

Max. fuel/Range, fully loaded 20.3 litres/km 17.0 litres/km 15.4 litres/km

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

kianok wrote:

Sorry for the dumb question but i have just flown from Sydney (oz!!) to Manchester in the default 747. I didn't think that was possible in the real world???

I believe the 777-300 LR can get from Sydney to London non stop with extra fuel tanks, (possibly not attempted yet) however it is not a route in real life (yet). So no, the 747 will definitely not. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Ah Jarred,I think you mean the 777 200 LR.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Sorry to keep going on but is it impossible for a 747 to fly that distance or is it that its just not done in the real world?

Just seems strange that in FS it easily covers that distance (without unlimited fuel!) 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sydney, Australia (YSSY) to London,England [Gatwick] (EGKK)

9189 nm 20 hrs. @460 KTAS(.8 Mach) @ FL350

Range:
Boeing 747-400 7260 nm
Boeing 747-400ER 7667 nm
Boeing 747-800 8000 nm
Boeing 777-300 5955 nm
Boeing 777-300ER 7880 nm

Great Circle Mapper
http://gc.kls2.com/

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/index.html
🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

I guess that since you are at 35000 and are traveling at .80 mach you could glide into Gatwick????

🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Just showing Kianok that it's too far of a flight.
😀 LOL Can't glide for 2000 miles.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

😀 LOL Can't glide for 2000 miles.

Theres a first time for everything 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...