Anywhere I can download the original Scenery file?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well I have a problem, not huge just freaking annoying. I bought Birds Eye View for winter, problem is, it doesn't show up, only for the airports and like water. Thing is I have one of the really indepth free scenery things from AVSIM, and it was ok, except it makes really annoying patterns of scenery and when you get up there in altitudes it makes these huge cross like patterns. Annoying.

So I bought BirdsEyeView thinking I'd fix it. But no, its still there after I installed it, just a few textures are showing up that are from BEV. I was dumb and didn't save a original copy of the scenery file so I was wondering if there is somewhere I can download that, otherwise I'll just reinstall, but do I lose all my addon airplanes then?

Argh, frustrated.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Naw like the whole huge file, I think I'll just try to get the rest of it off the CD's I started last night but it was a pain. Otherwise do you know if uninstalling and then reinstalling will make me lose all my downloads?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Ok never mind, I realized how stupid of a question that was, managed to get all the scenery files off the install disc's, not it works again with the original scenery, now to get the BirdsEyeView to work. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry you couldn't use the file I uploaded.

Solotwo wrote:

Naw like the whole huge file...

You mean the scenery folder? That folder is about 1.5GB in size - I'm on dial-up my friend Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah thats why I realized how stupid of a question it was. Wink

Btw do you guys get this huge cross at all from high altitudes?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That "X" shows you where your aircraft is.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Der Wink

No the big cross of the scenery, from detailed to not detailed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Here's another example.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Some of your FS-Passengers must have blindfolded me... I can't see a thing Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Notice the big squares, towards the lake, its a big huge cross that's around the airplane, say within 50 or so miles, its a big block cross, look a lil harder, its very easy to notice. Within in the cross the scenery is detailed, outside of it it sucks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Seriously, all I can see is black, a strip of red writing across the top and a box of white writing toward the left bottom corner 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

You need to turn the brightness up on your monitor a wee bit. Wink

Nevermind though I learned that its a default FS9 thing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...