Well we'd all like FSX, but I want Vista!

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

here is a good first look at Vista. (It's a first for me!)

Just click on 'Start Slide Show'

http://www.extremetech.com/slideshow/0,1206,l=172302&pg=0&s=25534&a=172305,00.asp

And if you want more........ then.......

http://www.extremetech.com/slideshow/0,1206,pg=0&s=25534&a=171997,00.asp

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Great find KenTel 👍

Thanks! 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I must be honest, not found, but in a newsletter from them, as I'm a subscriber. But it has certainly whetted my appetite.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Okay, it is pretty. I just don't see anything worth the extra horsepower it will need. Its firewall still stupidly ignores what applications are sending out from your computer, and its system utilities seem to be only minor upgrades.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I don't use the present XP firewall, so not using the one with Vista would not impose any hardship, for me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Okay, it is pretty. I just don't see anything worth the extra horsepower it will need. Its firewall still stupidly ignores what applications are sending out from your computer, and its system utilities seem to be only minor upgrades.

I use the XP Firewall and I believe that the new one in Vista will be both ways and still free.

As for the other, remember this is only a beta and they don't show all their cards now.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Tanart Trainee

one thing we can count on, I't will likely have many problems when first released. I will wait for the bugs to be worked out befor I upgrade.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tanart wrote:

one thing we can count on, I't will likely have many problems when first released. I will wait for the bugs to be worked out befor I upgrade.

HA! Your going to wait a long time, XP has been out 5 years and still has bugs.
When you write a program with 50 million lines of code your going to have bugs forever.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

OH MY***°!"§$%&/)T&&%&/()=`()=&$°°!"§$%&/(*ÜÄ''_:;ÖÖÜ=!§%&/ä#+ü-.~\]²³{][²³{[]]}\}]}}[³²!"§$%&/()=
AAAAAAHHHHHH YES I AM GONNA GET VISTAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...