SimpleFMC

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

Anybody know how using this program you can create STAR's and SID's for airports not actually covered by the program?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Anyone have a site that explains what the heck STAR's and SID's are and how to use them in FS? Dunno how it would work if you're flying IFR and they tell you how to land.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Anyone have a site that explains what the heck STAR's and SID's are and how to use them in FS? Dunno how it would work if you're flying IFR and they tell you how to land.

Here is the story on it.

Read http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/sidstar.php

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

SID
Chapter 2-17 page 17 of pdf file of handbook below.

STAR
Chapter 4-14 Page 14 of pdf file(Bottom RH side) of handbook below.
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/instrument_procedures_handbook/

Download US charts:
http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

So how would you go about using these in FS flying IFR? Especially when you're on approach and ATC is telling you how to fly in. Thats what confuses me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

SID's and STARS are part of your route of flight. ATC does not(normally) tell you to fly a SID or a STAR. They are abbreviated arrival and departure routes/instructions. You file them as part of your IFR flight plan. They can be entered into the FMC route of flight. This is not simple stuff. The handbook that I've given you explains in detail what they are.🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well my Pilatus doesn't have an FMC so I guess I'll wait till I upgrade again to something that does. I just want to make everything I do in this game as realistic as I can.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Thanks for those links, its really helping me figure them out. Maybe I'll even try them with out a FMC. 🙂

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

More info on SimpleFMC here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3156/fs2004-simplefmc/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Solostwo--------

If you are flying in game using the ATC- forget about SID and STARS---the IN GAME ATC is useless for this

However-you can fly correct approaches with ATC off-in game by using the GPS

Simply get the STAR you want to fly for approach and Manually enter the inbound point as you go along the route--the A/C needs to be on autopilot set to GPS NAV..
same for SIDS--on approach to do it right-once you are at the correct end point of the STAR-then you need to get the approach plate for the runway you want to land on--and enter it as you go into the GPS-being sure to reset altitudes along the way

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Solostwo--------

If you are flying in game using the ATC- forget about SID and STARS---the IN GAME ATC is useless for this

However-you can fly correct approaches with ATC off-in game by using the GPS

Simply get the STAR you want to fly for approach and Manually enter the inbound point as you go along the route--the A/C needs to be on autopilot set to GPS NAV..
same for SIDS--on approach to do it right-once you are at the correct end point of the STAR-then you need to get the approach plate for the runway you want to land on--and enter it as you go into the GPS-being sure to reset altitudes along the way

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...