Please advise on crew add on's?

Hi everyone,

I'm torn between buying FS Passengers or FS2 Crew.

The feature i'm interested in is having cabin crew announcements.

I have classic s combo with some of my 747's but I'd like to be able to hear cabin crew announcements on other planes too.

Could anyone recommend either of the above titles to me?

Many thanks in advance.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont know about FS2 Crew,but since im a user of FSPax i confirm crew announcements(and coffe offer to Captain 😉 ).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good choice Greekman72 👍

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

They are two VERY different products. One stresses realism in the world of flight in general, but FS2Crew stresses realism in the cockpit. It really transforms the way you fly. Everything has to be done by the book (using numerous included checklists and flows), and really helps you start to think like a pilot. I used to think the PMDG 737 was realistic before FS2Crew showed up, and this just enhances that! If you are looking at having fun with being a pilot and managing airlines, get FS Passengers. If you're looking for realism in the cockpit though, and pushing your flight simulation to the next level, FS2Crew is for you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If you just want cabin crew calls,then look no further than the freeware panel called "greg 737"
This has a number of switch's built into the panel for all calls,and the d/load comes complete with the sound files

If,however you want a top add on,then get FSP,its great 👍

lordofwings Guest

And this greg 737 is nowhere to be found on Google...

Tried FSPax but had some dislikings, specially if you forget about your flap settings and then your whole flight is RUINED, specially if it happens on approach. There appear to be no way to disable that. All the other realism settings are ok for me but this one, well, after flying 3 hours I don't want such an addon to ruin my flight.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

I'd say forgetting about your flap settings RUINED your flight, wouldn't you?

Last edited by Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

lordofwings wrote:

And this greg 737 is nowhere to be found on Google...

Search AVSIM for it, you'll find it there for sure. You may need to spell it greg737 though, without space.

Yes you can disable those penalties, but like Kurt said, you are quite rightly penalized.....unless you were in an emergency situation, but I don't think you'll get a penalty then.

In any case, I would carefully consider before investing in products that enhance realism, if realism annoys you...

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

ARD_DC wrote:

I would carefully consider before investing in products that enhance realism, if realism annoys you...

😀 Very well said ARD-DC.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...