Sudden high altitude wind shifts?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Now that I finally have an aircraft that I can fly at over 18,000ft and with the PC-12's wind direction feature while flying the winds shift DRAMATICALLY which in result moves the aircraft around violently at times and jumps the speed of the plane up and down suddenly. Not that big of a problem except for twice, and just a few minutes ago made my plane go overspeed, which FSPAX will thank me for later, and just now caused excess G's when my passengers were unbelted causing them to fly around the cabin and make them scream. Currently they are scared 99%, GREAT!!!

Anyone else have this problem? Anyway to prevent it?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

On the weather page, adjust the slider labeled [Dynamic Weather] to mild or none. If that doesn't help, you can always select Clear weather. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'm using Active Sky 6 if that matters at all, though for some reason when I was making dinner just now FS9 just disappeared, hrm.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Try doing a search for FSUIPC. I'm not sure if it's in the payware or freeware version, but it has wind smoothing built in. You can give it a set maximum value for the wind's rate of change. This is the only thing that makes long distance flights possible to me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I have FSUIPC already, un registered but it supposed to have standard setting even unregistered, can't figure out how to see if its actually working, or I can just register it, hrm.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Kinda off topic but were did you get your PC12? Always wanted one
Spitfires rule

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I have Flight 1's PC-12, love it to death.

Btw I registered FSUIPC just waiting for my reg key, this dang game is getting expensive. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Thanks fo rthe quick repely how much is it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...