FOR ANY MINNESOTA TWINS BASEBALL FAN: KIRBY PUCKETT HAS DIED

Twinsfan Guest

For any diehard Minnresota Twins fans like me, I have some terrible news.

Kirby Pucket has died.

The Twins legend that won us the 1987 and 1991 world series has died today at an Arizona Hospital. Any Twins fan will remember him, and anyone who is a fan of baseball for that matter. So regardless of if you hate him or not, this thread is for rememberance of the Twin's baseball legend Kirby Puckett 😞 .

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Twinsfan wrote:

The Twins legend that won us...

Who is "us"

This is an international community and I happen to be Bulgarian! Wacko

Twinsfan Guest

Sorry. I forgot about that. It's a sad day for me. The Minnesota Twins represent the state of Minnesota in Major League Baseball in the United states. Kerby Puckett was a LEGEND on our team from the 1980's to 1996 when he retired because of the eye disease guacoma. Hey suffered a massive stroke Sunday, lost conciousness, and died today. These next few days will be really dark for Twins fans like me...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

He was a great player. Like so many others, he had problems off the field but on the field he was great. His death causes sadness throughout the baseball community. He was not very old at all when he died. Many young player should be more like Mr. Puckett on the diamond. 😞

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Puckett

Twinsfan Guest

Thanks for the link (I don't know how to do those). Yup, the 91 world series was the best ever in my opinion. That homer he cranked off in the 11th was awesome! That's probably what I'll remember him most for.

RIP Kirby Pukett 1960-2006

Twinsfan Guest

I cant believe I spelled the name wrong in that last post! (I'm a bad at typing) It's Puckett with a C

kriegskamerad Guest

Wow...
I remember the days me and my dad would go to the games watch him play. Those times are long gone now (I currently live in Nashville, TN). He sure was my hero and the best Twins player, also. He will be greatly missed here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I have a recipe for bulgarian sausages -- interested? 👍

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Affirmative - go ahead Tailhook. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Affirmative - go ahead Tailhook. 😂

It's cool now Jarred -- this was in the 'General' or 'Aircraft' forum before it was moved to this here 'Gossip' forum. No objections - I'm in the process of proofreading my recipe Read

Watch this space 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Roger that Captain Tailhook, I'm looking forward to the recipe... 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...