2004 simulation speed

broadmargins Guest

😞 I have recently upgraded to 2004 and am thinking of going back to 2002. How do you increase the sumulation speed on 2004. I have not found the way to do this. On 2002 it was on the clock!!! I think the graphics are lousy, I have a clear line going across the screen with clear graphics below and fuzzy above it??? I feel like sending it back to MS and an attachment saying this is JUNK. I really was looking forward to the Piper and DC-3.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Riiiight, you have a manual, look at it. And why do you need to use it anyways, whats the point? Don't even compare 2002 to 2004, perhaps your computer is the weak link.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Solotwo seems to have the right idea - the weak link. But of course we wouldn't know that . How could we?

To increase the simulation speed in fs9 hit Alt - it will bring up a menu bar on the top of your screen. Click Options / Simulation Rate.

If you do go back to FS2002, there are better DC-3s available for free compared to the default ones in fs9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You can also hold down R and press the + key to step thru the available rates. The video recorder and GPS are also much better also. I think that if you spend some time with the program, you will see that MSFS 2004 is much better than 2002. Your video problems can be corrected, MSFS 2004 is more demanding of your computer than 2002. Here is a key chart to help you find shortcuts to features. 🙂

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/7939/fs2004-keyboard-commands-table/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...