Question about identification texts.

Pro Member Trainee
impulse Trainee

Hi,

How can i turn of the id texts in CFS3? You know the ones seen over the things around during a flight. I want to turn them off because they are seen broken. I cannot read them. What would be the problem? Thanks a mil.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
impulse Trainee

P III 800
128Mb Ram
8 Mb Ati Rage Mobility-M1 Agp video Card
I have have downloaded the lates Direct X

Well I know my video card is so damn old but the game runs smooth on nearly lowest config. Every thing works fine but those text are broken. They look like they are not refreshed!

Pro Member Trainee
impulse Trainee

how can I post screenshot?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

: What are the system requirements to play Combat Flight Simulator 3?
A: The following system requirements are the MINIMUM system requirements for playing Combat Flight Simulator 3:

Multimedia PC with Pentium III 400 Mhz equivalent or higher processor with 16 MB 3D video hardware acceleration or better
Microsoft® Windows® 98, Windows® Millennium Edition, Windows® 2000, or Windows XP operating system (Does not support Windows NT®)
64 MB (128 MB for Windows XP)
Approximately 900 MB of available hard disk space; additional 100MB for swap file
Super VGA monitor supporting 800x600 resolutions in 16-bit color
DirectX 8.2 API or later (included on CD and installed during Setup)
DirectX 8.2 or later compatible1 6 MB video card
DirectX 8.2 API compatible sound card with speakers or headphones
Joystick or flight yoke (recommended)
Microsoft® Mouse or compatible pointing device
Sound card with speakers or headphones required for audio
Quad Speed or better CD-ROM drive

Pro Member Trainee
impulse Trainee

I know the system requiremnts to play CFS3.

I have a Pentium III 800 Mhz with 8 Mb Video card (this video card would be the source of the problem. But I had run this game on XP on the same PC and never experienced that text problem, and game run smooth on relatively lower configiration)

Now I am playing it on win98
128Mb Ram
I have the latest Direct X

Ok, how can I post screenshots? And is there a way to disable the ingame id texts?

Thanks alot?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I only have Combat Flight Simulator 1 but try hitting th N key. If That doesn't work, try going to Views, aircraft labels.

Capture screen:

Hit [Print screen] button.
Open Microsoft Paint program.
Select edit, paste.

also see: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/#68640
and https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10097/avatar/#59071
🙂

Pro Member Trainee
impulse Trainee

Thanks,

Here is the screenshot that depicts my problem.

[img][/img]

I hope somebody knows how to fix this problem or how to disable the texts.

thanks alot.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...