Localiser misery

Velocity Boy Guest

Hello guys.
I'm a real noobie at flilght sims and am having some woes trying to find out how to enable the localiser (on the 777 300 or 747 400) in MS 2004.
I was hoping that someone might be able to explain what I need to do to get sorted.
I have spent a long time trying, but am still stumped.
Do I need to have ATC on and how do I find and tune in the ILS frequencies?
I have gone throught the lessons but they don't show you how to actually set anything up, just how to fly them.

Many thanks for any advice....Maybe in a year or 2 - I can repay the trouble :-/

Thanks
Ken

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

🙂 You may find this link useful

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/index.htm

Good luck

TTT

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

You should browse the forum, there are several ils postings which can be very helpful.
I'll give you the highlights...
Once you are given landing clearance and you are on an ils approach what you have to do is open the map and click on the airport. This will open up a window with the different runways and their ils frequencies. You will have to tune the corresponding ils freq. into your nav 1; the left window is the active freq. and you tune the one on the right and press the switch in the middle. This will make the freq. you just tuned the active one. Find a switch that says NAV and GPS and make sure it's in NAV.
Once ils is in range magenta bars should appear on your screen, the navigation screen, along with the airport's code.
When this happens you can hit APP on the autopilot and this should automatically line you up with the runway and fly you down. It's not an autoland system, so when you are at 800ft or so you turn off the AP and bring the plane down.
That's more or less how you can manage an ils landing. I'm still learning and thereĀ“s more to ils than meets the eye. But try it and let us know.

Velocity Boy Guest

Thanks guys, I just tried out the tips and found that all is working now!
Excellent, i will press on now, I 've got to get to Paris;)

Thanks for the help

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...