Nav 1/2 Questions :-)

Velocity Boy Guest

Hi there

I have been flying the Lear Jet a fair bit, and am really confused about the Nav1/nav2 readings.
The switch doesn't seem to switch between any different readings on the display.(I have the nav 1 and 2 tuned to the correct frequency..IE both the same)
Also, the Nav1 localiser for the Runway is always at an angle to the actual runway heading, ands it's really off puting. Just now, although I had tuned in Nav 1 to the runway and was receiving a pickup on the localiser, the display arrow with the central offset is pointing about 40degs off from the runway heading.
Any suggestions as to what I 'm doing wrong please?

And as a side note, do the engines in a real Lear make so much noise, man they scream even at idle...! I don't think I'm gonna buy one them if they sound like that ll the time Wink

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

You don't say where your aircraft is relative to the runway. Nav-1 should point to the transmitter where the beam is coming from. If say, the runway heading is 80-degrees and you are approaching at 50 degrees to head onto the localizer, Nav-1 will still point toward the runway. If you are finally turned to the 80-degree heading it should point that way. So how is your Lear lined up?

And no they are not that noisy. You can turn them down by going into the sound settings and backing off engine sound. 😎

Velocity Boy Guest

On the final approach, the purple arrow on the lower compass nav display(the one with the centre peice that moves side to side to show your position relative to the correct path) is pointing about 35 or 40 degs to the side, even though I am flying the correct runway heading, and with the centre peice of the arrow alligned.
So for instance, if the runway is 36, my runway localiser arrow would be pointing at about 4.
It still works as a localiser, but it's not alligned to the runway heading.
Do I need to zero anything?
What I do now is just enter the runway ils frequency in the nav 1 and nav 2 frequencies.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I believe that the purple arrow indicate the ADF frequency not the VOR or ILS so it points to whatever nearby ADF transmitter you have tuned. Change the ADF frequency and see what happens.

I believe that the purple arrow indicate the ADF frequency not the VOR or ILS so it points to whatever nearby ADF transmitter you have tuned. Change the ADF frequency and see what happens.

Velocity Boy Guest

Ok I hope that my pic is visible,
I made a mistake with the colour of the runway localiser arrow on the lower display, but you can see that it is pointing in the wrong direction..and it does even when you are on the approach.

Maybe someone can have a look and give me their opinion of what I'm doing wrong please.

Thanks

Velocity Boy Guest

Try again with the pic...Fingers crossed

If it doesn't show, this is the link:

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Looks like your runway heading may be 283 degrees. The CRS needs to be adjusted to that value - runway heading. Then the needle will align to the runway. 🙂

Velocity Boy Guest

AHA!!!
Thank you 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...