Hiding those annoying computer wires away

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Does anyone have any good ideas to hide the wires away inside the case? As they are abit annoying.

Liono

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Liono wrote:

Does anyone have any good ideas to hide the wires away inside the case? As they are abit annoying.

Liono

Sorry, I'm confused. You want to hide the outside wires inside case? or you want to hide the inside wires, inside the case? or you just want to hide that complete mess of outside wires?

Sorry Liono, my wicked humour coming out, it's this Saga I've been suffering. Well! Now to the point, I was at a computer show last year, and there was a chappie showing ways of tidying up the wirey tangle, using various types of man made flexible tubing. I tried it myself when I got home, and got myself in a complete tangle.

I think the best idea is to just let it lay at the back, out of sight, out of mind, I've been told. Otherwise I . . Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
ste (tazz126) First Officer

hi I'm a electrician what do u need to no and how can i help u

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think he want the wires in the case to be not only neat but he doesn't want them to impede the free flow of air.
I'm sure www.tigerdirect.com or www.newegg.com has either ties or sheaths that "tidy" up the inside wiring.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well in my old system i had made some modifications including wire neating.
First of all i have to use some straws(!)which i pass all the wires through them and bed them with double tape(i dont know the exact word for these tapes that you can use both sides Embarassed )
If i could not pass the cable through because of the connectors ,i had to cut them to their length and just lay the cable inside them.
I also use some wire strandings which you can put the cables and mount them to the box.
I have to notice that in some cases like the CDs/DVDs and HD cables i had to use some cable extenders.

Its a pending to do the same job to my new system...

I place a photo here...I hope it is more helpful than my words.

Pro Member First Officer
ste (tazz126) First Officer

there is a cable cord flex conduit which looks like an open binder there round 10 pounds for them you can put all your cable in to them thay will work like the straws you have but you can put more in them or get some cable ties that will work just as good i hope that helps 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...