Automatic taxiing.

aircraftmad80 Guest

Ok this is going to sound stupid and may be a longshot, BUT, is there anyway possibly in FS2004 that allows automatic taxiing, i.e the plane taxi's itself correctly to the correct gate.

I know you can turn on the taxi route but is this possible?

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Why, whats the point, but I don't believe there is anything.

I'm guessing you also speed up the flight once you're in the sky?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

taxiings fun.

if you have problems you can get taxi speed gauges to keep you at 15mph

aircraftmad80 Guest

Solotwo wrote:

Why, whats the point, but I don't believe there is anything.

I'm guessing you also speed up the flight once you're in the sky?

Because, I don't have a joystick to control the plane and I find it very difficult to control the aircraft whilst taxiing, I'm all over the shop.

In response to your second point, yes, sometimes I change the simulation speed of the flight, only if it's an incredibly long flight or if I'm just wanting to practise landing and taking off.

That ok with you sir?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

No its not, get a joystick, the game is pointless without one.

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

Solotwo wrote:

To put in into a more polite way - You will find it easy and much more fun to control a taxi with a joystick. If you can't afford a top of the range one then get a cheap one. Cheaper is still better than no joystick at all, also the whole experience is good when you land and taxi to the Gate/Parking.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Solotwo wrote:

If that wasn't a joke then no offence, but I think you should let people use FS as they please without acting rude about it..

Pro Member Trainee
Barry (chinabaz) Trainee

Hi.

I have recently become a SIMFlyer myself and like you I started without a Joystick, and yes I agree controlling teh plane on the ground is hard, when you can try and get a joystick it will a lot of difference and you will enjoy it a lot more.

If you want to practice Takeoff and Landings you don't need to enter a flightplan, just start the flight from the airport and with the ATC on request a full stop landing a full stop landing at the same airport.
The other alternative is just go for short hop flights.

One other point is be carefull which aircraft you choose as some are more difficult than others to control on the ground as some have Diff Breaking which is hard at first to get the hang of.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I happen to have my joystick when I first started FS9 but I would have used the keyboard at first, seen how difficult it was and then would have gone out to buy one. (get it with a twist handle for the rudder)

Don't be discouraged by some comments, you fly the way you enjoy and leave it at that.
I've never taken a lesson and fly only GA aircraft and vintage, no airliners or jets (well occasionally) and enjoy flying by the "seat of my pants". Will I change because someone else thinks I should, **** no!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

Erm, how do you turn on automatic taxi route?

aircraftmad80 Guest

Thanks for tips guys.

Good to see there are some decent people on here willing to give advise other than idiots who are only interested in acting the clown.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

Erm, how do you turn on automatic taxi route?

It should show up as an option when your ATC window is activated.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

aircraftmad80 wrote:

Ok this is going to sound stupid and may be a longshot, BUT, is there anyway possibly in FS2004 that allows automatic taxiing, i.e the plane taxi's itself correctly to the correct gate.
I know you can turn on the taxi route but is this possible?

As stated above, get a cheap joy stick, it's better than the keyboard. You don't have to taxi, you can start on the runway.

To make taxiing easier, you can turn on the taxi route by selecting Progressive Taxi within the ATC window. It will then show a magenta dashed line for you to follow.

I know of a way to automatically taxi, takeoff, cruise, descent and auto-land...

It's called a video ROFL , but what fun is that? 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

🙂) 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Whats happening here, my post is gone and the post that bumped the thread is gone. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Whats happening here, my post is gone and the post that bumped the thread is gone. Wink

Like you said, it was a pointless bump.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

taxiing is the almost best part

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Taylor wrote:

taxiing is the almost best part

😳 Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

The only thing I do is taxi ALL day, I love it.

MrSam Guest

No wonder... you can't fly so you stay on the ground all day.

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Taxiing is great, unless your lost haha

What I do is use the AFCAD editor to print out the taxiiway and gate layouts for airports I fly to often, so when ATC give taxiing instructions I know where I'm going!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...