ERJ145 Sounds

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Does anyone know where i can get some decent ERJ 135/140/145 sounds.
Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have you looked inside the aircraft.cfg? Often you'll find a reference to the type of engines used. This way you'll be able to search for engine type rather than aircraft type.
In effect this means that if you cannot find the exact engine sounds your a/c requires, you can find one that's very similar and you'll be jumping for joy Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks for the advice, the CFG file says the engine is a Rolls Royce AE 3007A1/3 Turbofan
Where would it be best to search for these sounds, I haven't found anything on Avsim.
PW
😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Go here http://www.fsdome.com/ copy the Rolls Royce AE 3007A1/3 Turbofan in the search Blank and choose FS2004 sound as searching category.You will get some interesting results.

Unfortunately it doesn't give the option to copy the exact address to guide you to the page. Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks GM. I think i'm gonna download the RB211 one, it'll be better than the default 734 sounds. 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004snds&DLID=73030

This is the closest one I could find... looks promising Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook, will try this one aswell. 😀

P.S Why are sound files so big??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Because they are in a WAV file format.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

This is a very good question and to keep in mind that the two biggest folders in an aircraft's package are usually the sound and the panel folder, we understand the reason why the authors alias sounds and panels.

By aliasing the sound and panel, the download of quality freeware like Posky and iFDG to name only two, can shrink to as little as around 4000KB. Including a good soundset and a panel within the download could bloat the file easily to 80MB or more.

I spoil myself with sounds, my HDD is big enough. My soundfolder alone is bigger than the entire fs9 folder (except sounds and panels).

Note: If you create a special folder for sounds, you only need to install each soundset once and can use it on as many a/c as you like. Of course the same also applies to panels. If you need any help with this, just ask.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...