FS9 several problems.....

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

I installed FS9 on my new Vista laptop along with a couple aircraft(pmdg 737 600/700, and erj145 pic). i'm having several problems. first, i can't get the game to start with the pmdg or erj145. i have to start with the cessna default and then change a/c. also, after a flight or if i exit a flight, or change aircraft fs9 arbitrarily crashes. i did the 9.1sp and then loaded my pmdg 737. it wouldn't work so i had to get the updated fsuipc. it works now, but i still can't set change the default flight and still crashes. it says "microsoft flight simulator has stopped working. a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.....etc." when it does run it runs pretty smoothly and locked at 20fps it's pretty good, but likes to crash after exiting.

my laptop is a sony vaio vgn-ar730e/b, core duo cpu(2.1ghz), dual 160g hard drives, 3gb ram, nvidia 9400gt video card, and running vista. it's very frustrating that it won't run fs9 very well. one last thing, i'm running it from the non administrator hard drive.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

It could be because of Vista, since FS9 wasn't truly made compatible with Vista.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

i have vista and am running fs9 on it. with vista you have to run your fs9 as administrator. right click on it go to properties, compatability tab and check the box that says run as admin, click apply,then ok and you should be golden...remeber everything you install must be done with admin rights, and any external programs like radar contact or anything that comunicates with your fs9 during flight must also be run as admin. i still get the crash when exiting but to be honest it really dosnt matter since your quitting anyway....hope this helps

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Westernstyle wrote:

It could be because of Vista, since FS9 wasn't truly made compatible with Vista.

That's utter nonsense. You're just adding to the confusion. Do some research - improvising just won't do.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

Westernstyle wrote:

Most programs can run with Vista you just need to know how to make it work in most cases. but it really isnt that hard.

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

part of the problem is fixed. it turns out my laptop has two hard drives and i installed it on the d drive, my default drive is the c drive. i reformatted my c drive. apparently the c drive must've had files for fs9. i manually deleted fs9 from d drive and reinstalled fs9 and pmdg 737. it worked with no problems. now i added erj145 pilot in command and it acted up again. i uninstalled erj145, but now i'm having all kinds of problems with pmdg 737......ughhhh!!!! now i'll have to uninstall pmdg 737 and reinstall again, what a pain.

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

and the problem is still there. after installing erj145 pic the overhead panel lighting is corrupted and the lighting won't work. what's strange is that when i uninstalled flight sim and restarted it was like it never actually uninstalled. i changed my default a/c to the pmdg and when i restarted flight sim i never got the welcome page like you normally do on a fresh install.

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

can somebody tell me what files i need to delete and where they are? after uninstalling and reinstalling flight sim it's still looking for pmdg 737 since i made that my default aircraft. why isn't it completely uninstalling? i looked in the registry files for any fs9 files and there weren't any. anything i'm missing here?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SK8Z27 wrote:

can somebody tell me what files i need to delete and where they are? after uninstalling and reinstalling flight sim it's still looking for pmdg 737 since i made that my default aircraft. why isn't it completely uninstalling? i looked in the registry files for any fs9 files and there weren't any. anything i'm missing here?

Follow this to uninstall the flight Sim.
It's important to get all the files.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

i pretty much did that, except for the saved flight folder. i forgot about that one. i also did a complete search for fs9 and feelthere files. i found a feelthere folder with it's own cfg file, not too sure what it was, but i deleted it anyways along with all fs9 files. i'll see how this next install goes.

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

after a fresh install i'm getting "the requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found. flight simulator will now try to load the default flight." here's what i've found. after uninstalling and manually deleting everything(that i know of), and doing a fresh install, i've come to find out that it's still recognizing my controller settings and default flight. it's reinstalled minus my add-on aircraft, but still doesn't seem like a fresh install. usually after a fresh install it gives you the welcome screen, but does not. will vista try to install older files if it's on your computer somewhere?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All has to be cleaned from the system or else FSX will think it's a repair, the registry has to be cleaned also.
Some have reinstalled Windows just to get a clean install of FSX.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...