Safety issues in easyJet ?

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Hi Everyone,

Few weeks ago I've been flying from LPL to SXF in an easyJet B733. I've maid 2 photos of the interior. One of them is a photo of a strange hole right next to the floor and next one is a photo of weird scratches outside the window. Please tell me if this is normal and if anyone seen anything like this before?

I could see all the weird cables and rest of the isolation materials inside. Have been sticking my finger in there, was very very cold. Unsure

I have seen this little weird scratches outside the glass and have been wondering if this is normal or some signs of tired material. There was only mine window like this, all the rest was ok.

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Re the first pic -- I think that 'hole' should probably be covered by carpet under normal circumstances.
The scratches outside the window in the second pic are very common. Whether or not they are actually scratches and what causes them, I don't know Dont Know

...a spokesman for EasyJet said that your life was at no time in any kind of danger. Yes ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

1st never stick your finger into unknown holes No, No! unless your life depended on it 😉
I think the 1st pic is just badly fitted panels,no danger
The 2nd pic the marks are not on the glass but on the plastic window between you and the glass again no danger

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

1st never stick your finger into unknown holes No, No! unless your life depended on it 😉

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wise advice... 😉 ❗

I agree with TTT's conclusions.The small scratches(there 2-3 big ones also) in the plastic cover of your window is a sign that this plastic has started to decomposed due to time and to temperature alterations.No danger but from aesthetics side is bad.
I thins that easy-jet people must take care of this craft.There is no danger but little details getting bigger and bigger day by day and at the end.... Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

TTT,

the scratches were outside the widnow, belive me, it doesn't look very good on this picture, but I took a close look and the scratches were outside the main glas. Abou the hole and the finger thing.. right.. .you know, my life could be in danger, so you know, wanted to check it twice. Poke in Eye

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If they are outside i guess that they soon must change this window.... Fear Fear Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The thing about your finger was not meant as a joke,by prodding about in there you could have pulled something apart( a wire or wires)
The window Umm... Ive seen similar marks on the plastic windows,and as GM said its just an ageing piece of plastic(if it was definitely the glass window then yes I would have been mighty concerned :fear🙂 Did you point it out to any of the flight attendants ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sorry for misunderstood the thing about the finger TTT Embarassed .
But you have to admit that it works great as a joke too. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 It is funny the way I put it 😂 but there are dangers too No, No!
No need to say sorry 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

😀 It is funny the way I put it 😂 but there are dangers too No, No!
No need to say sorry 😉

🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Gush guys, I didn't take this that serious, I had a laugh as well, I meant ironically, that my life was in danger so I had to put this finger in that hole 😉
Anyway, well, good point TTT about the pointing this to the flight attendants, but you know first of all I wasn't sure what was this really, second of all, it was first situation like this in my life, so I didn't actually realise what can this be. Now, after some opinions from you fellas, I know, next time I have to say something, but probably on the side, because maybe I even could raise panic by the pax etc, you know what people think about cheap airlines. And by the way it was a B737-700 a really old one, as you can even see by the floor. Don't know who owed this machine before, probably some american airline, only pax in usa can use an aircraft as much as this one was Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

On TV not so long ago (Aircrash Investigations, Hanging by a Thread ) ➡

Somebody noticed what looked like a crack by the door as she boarded the aircraft,but failed to bring it to the attention of anybody,the rest is history.
That is the trouble with air travel,we assume its safe,and dont want to cause any trouble

Dont get me wrong here,as Im not having a go at you(Ive done something similar with a tyre as I boarded an aircraft,but now I know better.)
I found a site or maybe someone here linked to it about tyres and tyre safety,that was a real eye opener 😳

So I think the moral of this little lot is,if in doubt,ASK and if your not happy ask again 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Unsure you might have been right...

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Found a link about tyres and tyre replacement

Click the pdf file ➡

http://www.dunlopaircrafttyres.com/

And another ➡

Direct link to pdf (give it time to load 😉 )

http://www.airmichelin.com/

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

Easyjet makes me feel unsafe when travelling with them simply because they are so cheap. It gets me thinking: Are they SO cheap that they are cutting corners on safety in order to keep costs down? Sends shivers down my spine!

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

Easyjet makes me feel unsafe when travelling with them simply because they are so cheap. It gets me thinking: Are they SO cheap that they are cutting corners on safety in order to keep costs down? Sends shivers down my spine!

I doubt it. The CAA and JAA keep extremely stringent tabs on airlines in order to make sure they are safe. What's more, I have never heard of any safety incident involving easyjet or any other no-frills airline, this is why they are so popular and thus cheap. 😀

PW

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

It just makes me feel uneasy. I always tell myself there are these organisations regulating it but I do feel safer on airlines such as BA.

PS.
I'm not scared of flying or anything! Infact I want to become a pilot!

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Your entitled to your opinion. Let me ask you, you want to be a pilot, would you work for easyjet if they offered you a job??

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

No, I want to fly in the RAF. Preferably SAR helicopters.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...