I followed a DC-3 for 2 hours over Germany

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

http://www.channel-dv.com/other/dc3.jpg

This is an AI DC3. She was parked beside me at an airport near Berlin. I felt quite curious since this antique is rarely seen nowadays. So I followed her on the taxiway, takeoff, climb, and all along the way at 1650 feet. I kept a formation with her, avoiding her wake turbulence. We flew 2 hours over German countryside, after we entered Poland, she landed on a local small airstrip, I was interrupted by my wife so didn;t go down there and say hello to the pilots.... 😀

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Very cool, it must have been fun. What were you flying that can stay at her speed...or lack of it. Max=185KIAS

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think i can see a Cessna panel there?It must be a great experience. ❗

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Very cool, it must have been fun. What were you flying that can stay at her speed...or lack of it. Max=185KIAS

Radar

she was going only around 100 kias.... I flew F1 C172R, I overshot her sometimes so I had to pull back the throttle.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

That sounds cool!!
😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

I fly formation with AI planes all the time. My plane of choice is the WOP P-51 as it can fly slow enough to stay with most GA aircraft as well as go fast as 400 KIAS. I've managed to tuck it in pretty tight. Lots of fun.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Great sceenie nottobe

Did you have to set your time/date setting back to the 1940's to get old fahsoned AI?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

This sounds like a great new pass-time! I should give it a whirl... 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Great sceenie nottobe

Did you have to set your time/date setting back to the 1940's to get old fahsoned AI?

No it doesnt need to.I use GA traffic and in my AI crafts i include Vickers too.Its very funny when you see it parked beside the 737s 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...