Nasty weather over Germany!

Ok ,Today I was flying Airbus 300 from Okecie (Poland) to Frankfurt/Main
and about 50 miles from Frankfurt the weather went realy bad ,I mean bad .Winds up to 60mph , but the worst thing was turbulences. My plane was going up and down like a toy. So I knew the flight will end in crash ,and yes it happend .About 10 miles from airport ,I had stall because of a severe wind ,The plane was going from 3,000 FT down at a rate of speed : 107KTS ,yeah I know it is bad.

So anyone lives near frankfurt ? If yes ,than tell me if the weather was realy that bad?

here is sscreenshot for ya:

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Next time, divert to a airport with better weather if you destination weather is unsuitable. You can use to check weather near your destination. 🙂

BashDaBish Guest

The weather should not of caused you to stall surely? I have faced 60mph winds before and bad turbulance without crashing. Things do get bumpy though! Wacko

That's an impressive speed you have racked up there.....353KIAS is fast! Surprised your Airbus (with a default 737 panel) didn't break up due to stress. ATC would not of been happy with your speed, 250KIAS is the max under 10,000ft.

yeah I was flying fast ,but when I was flying slowly about 250KTS plane was stalling ,the winds where too strong.

imagine flying cessna overethere with the speed of 125KTS .you would crash for sure.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Typical of an over confident pilot trying to make a timetable.

You should have diverted, but sounds like you got hit by a Microbusrt! nasty things they are!

Capt. Dennison

Last week when I flew to JFK the head winds were 100+ MPH and the plane didn't stall (thank god!)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...