Anyone know a Tom King?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone's name here was Tom king or does anyone know who Tom King is?

Answers 46 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

not me.who is tom king?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't know Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

oh.why are you asking?where did you hear of him?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I dont know if i am supposed to tell anyone but i got an email from him asking if i would like a tour of Gatwick Airport including visits to resrticted areas and the control tower!! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

OMG!you're so darn lucky!!!!even though it is probably not luck,i couldn't find any other adjective. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sounds like a scam to me... my advice: tread softly!
Don't believe everything you hear.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks for your words Tailhook - but what gets me is that I have his msn address and he has for his display an aircraft of somesort and he knows that I have the easter holidays right now!

I swear that he is from Flyaway.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Sounds like a scam to me... my advice: tread softly!
Don't believe everything you hear.

Very good advice,but still,why should this happen to a flightsimmer and plane crazy guy(we all are!)?

Pro Member Chief Captain

It is very mysterious and I can't remember who he is because at one time I added him! Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

I swear that he is from Flyaway.

Don't think for a moment that every Flyaway member is a saint.

The kind of information he has about you is very easy to obtain. Generally the best thing to do regarding any suspiscious offers is to totally ignore them.

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

you say easter holidays right now!

your at school ❓ ❓ how old are you ❓
if i was you i,d watch your self ❗ dont go ❗ ❗ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

remember simon,he just turned 15.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

are you paying money to do it ?

if yes, don't go unless you can pay him at the end of the day

can you get an adult to go with you ?

if not, do not go..

too many weirdos out there

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

are you paying money to do it ?

if yes, don't go unless you can pay him at the end of the day

can you get an adult to go with you ?

if not, do not go..

too many weirdos out there

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain

ok,but if steve once added that guy,he must have known him.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

knowing someone from a forum or over a web messenger like MSN is not the same as knowing them for real.

Hence all the recent advertisments advising kids to beware of possible adults posing as children etc

Pro Member Chief Captain

I completley agree.and also,isn't it a bit strange,to be able to view restricted areas?Mike,Only go if an adult can come with you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

knowing someone from a forum or over a web messenger like MSN is not the same as knowing them for real.

Hence all the recent advertisments advising kids to beware of possible adults posing as children etc

For second time Yes Yes Yes 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok Thanks Guys!

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

take great caution. tom king could just be a kidnapper wanting to take you and get ransom

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Beware my friend,beware.

Have nothing to do with this person untill you clear it with your parents(and even then take care)
As has been said,the internet is full of strange people pretending to be someone else

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Another thing as well is always make sure you remember where you got the person's MSN addy from.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

Something doesn't seem right here. I think you should tell an adult about this. Do not reply to this person or contact them and definately DO NOT meet them unless accompanied by an adult. I say this as a friend and fello flightsimmer: BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE SOME WIERDO'S OUT THERE ❗

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

by the way, TOM KING could be an anagram so anyone out there who is good at them try that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

GIT MONK

GOT MINK

MIG KNOT

KING TOM

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

Something doesn't seem right here. I think you should tell an adult about this. Do not reply to this person or contact them and definately DO NOT meet them unless accompanied by an adult. I say this as a friend and fello flightsimmer: BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE SOME WIERDO'S OUT THERE ❗

I agree with comrade Lenin. Something really does not seem right here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

GIT MONK

GOT MINK

MIG KNOT

KING TOM

😀

ROFL ROFL ROFL

You forgot MIG LI FOU. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

GIT MONK

GOT MINK

MIG KNOT

KING TOM

😀

You missed TIM KONG, but GOT MINK is really funny.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

I was serious guys!
Nice one though!!
Got Mink!!!
Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain

This was the exact message that he sent to me:-

"Dear Sir,

I represent BAA Gatwick I am writing to you to ask whether you would like a visit to the airport.
This visit would include a visit to control tower, engineering areas as well as restricted areas of the airport.

I understand you are on Easter holidays in the next few weeks.
Please contact me if you would like to visit and we can arrange the visit in accordance to security etc.

Regards

Tom King"

Pro Member Chief Captain

And when he says that we can arrange this in accordance to security etc.. that makes me wonder even if he isn't a weirdo, should he being inviting me on this 'tour' thinking that we might get caught. He says that this visit will include a visit to some restricted areas - now that seems scary! 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Don't contact this person, either it's a joke or something worse. That message would not be sent by a real airport official. You should tell your parents and have them contact the police. Let the police contact Tom King. If by some chance Tom King does work at the airport, the aviation authority in the UK would be very interested in a worker offering strangers access to the airport.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

Yes Yes Yes Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Don't contact this person, either it's a joke or something worse. That message would not be sent by a real airport official. You should tell your parents and have them contact the police. Let the police contact Tom King. If by some chance Tom King does work at the airport, the aviation authority in the UK would be very interested in a worker offering strangers access to the airport.

err there is just a slight problem there CRJ - I contacted him saying I would like to - BUT I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ELSE - I DIDN'T GIVE HIM ANY INFO ABOUT MYSELF! I just said i would like to do a visit

Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok I have deleted him from my msn and hotmail address book and have also blocked him on MSN. Is there a way that I can give myself a new msn email address and get rid of the one I have at the moment so that he can't contact me?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You can easily get a new MSN address but if he is around this site, then he can easily get your new address. Also, if you have blocked him from MSN and Hotmail, he can't contact you and I'm sure he'll get the message and not message you any more. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

on the msn sign in page down in the right hand corner there is a small sentance saying create a new account. I would imagine it does just that but i havent tried.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

did the email address he mailed you from suggest he was in any way affiliated with the airport...

his arrangements in accordance with security might indeed be him clearing it with security.

It seems odd you getting an email out of the blue from a guy you have added to your msn asking you about something that I believe you posted on here asking about some time ago (may not have been you, my memory sucks).

is it worth asking him how you have him on MSN and where he is from etc before getting the guy sacked?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I completley agree with you guys,you got the idea's.One canm never be too careful.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i am not saying don't be careful, but there must be the odd genuine person out there still, worth asking about it first before getting him hung drawn and quartered Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You could call the airport manager and mention the letter from Tom King. The number of people that can authorize entry to the tower is a short list and they should be able to confirm his identity. Ask about the policies and procedures for public visits .

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok I have made my descision. I have blocked him on MSN and deleted him as a contact. If he does contact me then I will simply ignore the posts and I WILL NOT take any action towards this issue. I will not reply to anything he sends me - I am not going

its me liam Guest

good choice my freind i have been moitoring this topic for a couple of days

good decision stay at home stay safe stay flying 😉 😉 ❗ 🍻 Yes Yes Yes Idea Ermm... Ermm... Clap 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cheers Liam

its me liam Guest

ok pal 😉 😀 🙂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

ok,but to tell the truth,I do't think that they could ever fire tht guy because i bet ''tom king'' is a false identity.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...