frustration!!

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

ugh.. so I am taxiing out to 25R at LAX in my CRJ-200. flightplan is a short hop down to san diego.

everything seems normal... when all of the sudden my nose goes crashing through the ground.. as if there were a giant gaping hole there. it posted as a crash and reset the flight. i had to reset all instruments, do my checklist over again.. ugh.. so frustrating!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

and this is not the first time this has happened.. and it's happened at multiple locations... does anyone know where i can get a patch for this annoying glitch?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I have that problem too. It happens sometimes, but when it happens it is so annoying.

As fas as I know there is no fix to this. I think it is a FS9 bug. Maybe it is gonna be fixed in FSX. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Have you got Crash Detection turned off in the sim?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Settings/Realism/Crashes and Damage 😉

Pro Member First Officer

mm.. i dont want to turn crashes off.. that will ruin part of the realism... although i suppose if i crash i'll just reset it on my own...

ugh.. my wheels will still fall through the giant invisible holes in the runway/taxiway 😕

just a half-hour ago i flew from Chicago (ORD) to Albany, NY (ALB). United flight 1114, Boeing 737-300. Everything went perfect.. nice weather, crystal clear skies, smooth flight... i even had enough visibility to turn AP off about 10 miles out on approach.. i took it in manually from the moment i had visual. Everything was awesome.. until i touched down on runway 28 (a smooth touchdown too.. nice flare)... and my left rear wheel falls through the ground.... i crashed, ruining the 2 hours i had just spent -er.. rather, wasted on the flightsim. this is getting on my nerves.. it happens quite often too. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

and btw.. ATC screwed up too. i know the area, becuase i live about 100 miles from ALB and ive been there many times. commercial aircraft NEVER use runway 28-10 (except the commuters occasionally). it's only around 5000 ft. long and has no ILS capabilities. runway 1-19 on the other hand, has ILS at both ends and is a little over 7000 feet long. i tried requesting runway 1 or 19, but they wouldnt have it... ugh!!!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Do you have downloaded AFCAD's for these airports?

RILES Guest

I typically dont have it happen to me once I have landed but it seems to happen more often when I am in an aircraft prior to takeoff and am at near capacity for wieght or its not evenly distributed... just an idea to offload some fuel if possible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

try d/loading diff taxi/runway textures and the d/load runway 12 see if anything there can help you

Pro Member First Officer

thanks guys 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

you get it fixed?

Pro Member First Officer

...well the runway assignments arent a problem anymore.. i found a suitable AFCAD file... however the invisible holes still pop up occasionally 😞

...hopefully miscrosoft will have this sorted out in FSX...since it seems to be the most re-occuring and annoying glitch in FS9 😕

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...