Help - Game crashes....

I've just installed FS2004 but when I come to start the game the screen goes black for a few seconds (I can see a curser) and then it returns to the desktop saying the the application has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I can post the tech info for the crash if it helps...

Anybody got any ideas? I'm running version 9.1 as far as I can tell (just installed an update)

Thanks...

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you installed the MS patch and didn't follow the directions to the letter it will crash.
See if you have a Flight Simulator folder in "My Documents".
If you still have the problem tell us the error message and your system specs.

Radar

chlorinekid Guest

hey, thanks for the quick reply...

I have a flight sim folder in 'my docs'

im running P4 2.66Ghz, 512 Ram, GeForce 6600GT card

direct x up to date

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try uninstalling the update.
Did it run before you updated it.
What was the error message.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/#install

Radar

chlorinekid Guest

no it didnt run before either, thats why i got the update. ive uninstalled the update and installed it again - no joy.

i fear it might be a lost cause...

the error code:

AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: mfc70.dll
ModVer: 7.0.9466.0 Offset: 0004a536

thats all i can copy....prob not any use..

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

After you have installed the FS9 Patch. Run FS9 it will more than likely crash but that's OK. Download this update Config off of Avsim. Do a search for this

fs9_msfs2004cfg.zip

Once installed follow the instructions and then start FS9. This should have worked. It happened to me awhile ago.
This config seemed to have worked for mw.

Liono

mikee747 Guest

I know the exact solution. I had it before aswell 😉

Go into your FS2004 main folder and delete "OLEACC.DLL". It is either in the main folder or the modules folder. Then it should work.

🙂 Best of Luck

Michael.

mikee747 wrote:

I know the exact solution. I had it before aswell 😉

Go into your FS2004 main folder and delete "OLEACC.DLL". It is either in the main folder or the modules folder. Then it should work.

🙂 Best of Luck

Michael.

You sir, are a bloody genius 🙂

Thank you sooo much

no doubt i'll be back tomrrow when i run into another problem but at least i got it off the ground....so to speak 🙂

thanks again!

I will second the reply. I did as you said and it works
Thank you

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...