what's flight level?

I'm currently flying one of the cargo flights in fs2004 to hong kong, ATC keps telling me to set flight level to 350 but im already at 35000ft....what's going on?!

Answers 30 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

That is possilby a fualt in FS - just ignore what they say about it and you'll be fine. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Check that your altimeter is set to the correct value 😀

Press 'B' to set it correctly 😉

😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

FS is contained with so may stupid mistakes and bugs.... 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

A first thought is to hit ''B'' in order to correct your altimeter.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I guarantee his altimeters aren't set.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Iwas slow for one more time... 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

FS is contained with so may stupid mistakes and bugs.... 🙄

I agree. With all the downloads and add-ons we all get, we effectively build are own program. Hell, who needs microsft, lol!!

😀 😀 😀

P.S Microsoft, I didn't mean that, thankyou for FS9 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂

I also don't understand why MS include all these defualt aircraft - like Soar and Landmark Airlines.

They aren't even real airlines I don't think.

Why not include some real planes like BA, Virgin, Emirates etc...

🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

😂

I also don't understand why MS include all these defualt aircraft - like Soar and Landmark Airlines.

They aren't even real airlines I don't think.

🙄

They have to deal with all of these companies(and probably pay)in order to use them in FS.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh ok - bit annoying 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

What they should do is not wast resources on airliners that nobody ever flies, just include a couple of small props or something. Then they spend the money saved to improve the default scenery and ATC. 😀

😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

What they should do is not wast resources on airliners that nobody ever flies, just include a couple of small props or something. Then they spend the money saved to improve the default scenery and ATC. 😀

😀 😀 😀

Yeh that would work!

Good point! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Do you think the producers of FS read this forum??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I hope that they have people that snaking around FS forums and watch what people needs.Of course they cant do what ever we ask.Its impossible.I remember an older post that someone asks from FS to put cows in the fieds... 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I remember an older post that someone asks from FS to put cows in the fieds... 🙄

😂 😂

I remember reading on another forum that somebody wanted to be able to watch the in-flight movies 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

I remember an older post that someone asks from FS to put cows in the fieds... 🙄

😂 😂

I remember reading on another forum that somebody wanted to be able to watch the in-flight movies 🙄

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Feel it is important to add when climbing to a flight level altimeter should read 1013.2mb or 29.92 inches of mercury.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Just a quick question. Does anyone know why America uses Inches of mercury and most of the rest of the world uses milibars??

I know it's easy these days to swap between the two but surely in the old days in would have been simpler to have a standard system??

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Fs9 has them now 😳 yes Yes they are there ➡
Very old post

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1219/soundfx/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Did you manage to ever heard of them...Or we must first have some 🍻 to hear them... 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I think the latter GM

to answer the poster's question.. it's an altimeter problem.. press "B" to correct this. (default barometric setting is 29.92)

that would be nice.. but it's a legal issue.. they have to have contracts with these companies before they put their logo in a game...

microsoft had to go through enough getting contracted with Cessna, Beechcraft, Boeing, Piper, Jeppesen, etc..

for FSX, Microsoft picked up a new contract by adding the Airbus A321.. can't wait to see that one 😀

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

Oh hey! That's a great idea! And sheep too, that would be cool. Several different breeds of cows and sheep, so we could do some livestock spotting while we fly.

They can leave the pigs and goats for the next release.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

pilotwannabe wrote:

Just a quick question. Does anyone know why America uses Inches of mercury and most of the rest of the world uses milibars??

I know it's easy these days to swap between the two but surely in the old days in would have been simpler to have a standard system??

Same reason they use pounds and ounces and so on. In other words, no rationally explainable reason, they just preferred it that way.

Sphagnum1 Guest

antone wrote:

pilotwannabe wrote:

Same reason they use pounds and ounces and so on. In other words, no rationally explainable reason, they just preferred it that way.

Americans are independent by nature, it's embedded from the roots of the country. American's don't change they way they are simply because "everyone else does it". The measurements used in America have been used for a very long time and they don't desire to "follow the heard" when the system they have works just fine. 🙂

Sphagnum1 wrote:

antone wrote:

pilotwannabe wrote:

Americans are independent by nature, it's embedded from the roots of the country. American's don't change they way they are simply because "everyone else does it". The measurements used in America have been used for a very long time and they don't desire to "follow the heard" when the system they have works just fine. 🙂

actually, a lot of americans are just too lazy and set in their ways to learn the metric system, which is the global standard these days. several years ago, the US government decided to adopt the metric system in order to be on par with the rest of the planet. the plan was abandoned when PEOPLE BEGAN PROTESTING IN THE STREETS.

ps i'm from new york - in case anybody thinks i'm "america bashing". just stating the facts. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Sphagnum1 wrote:

Oh, sure. I was just answering the question as asked. In reality, I don't think it matters much what units are used, as long as everyone understands them. The UK uses a weird hybrid, for example - most people prefer pounds and ounces, but everyone under about 35 was taught metric in school. Our food is sold in grammes, our distances measured in feet and miles.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

actually, a lot of americans are just too lazy and set in their ways to learn the metric system, which is the global standard these days. several years ago, the US government decided to adopt the metric system in order to be on par with the rest of the planet. the plan was abandoned when PEOPLE BEGAN PROTESTING IN THE STREETS.

ps i'm from new york - in case anybody thinks i'm "america bashing". just stating the facts. 😕

One guy in the UK became known as the "metric martyr" - when new EU laws required him to sell his fruit and vegetables in metric, he refused. There's more to it than that, but I sort of feel this may not be the place to go into it 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

antone wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

One guy in the UK became known as the "metric martyr" - when new EU laws required him to sell his fruit and vegetables in metric, he refused. There's more to it than that, but I sort of feel this may not be the place to go into it 😀

Your 100% correct!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Your 100% correct!

Radar

Waah!!! People are always spoiling my fun 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...