ATC forgot about me

Pro Member Trainee
Turtle5x5 Trainee

I was flying the 737 IFR from LAX to Skyharbor last night. Had traffic at 100% with Ultimate Traffic installed. I was given landing clearence on 26R but there was way to much traffic. As I was about to land, the plane that landed before me was still on the runway. I was told to go around, and I did. With a missed apporoch I was handed off to departure then approach, but they never vectored me back to the airport. I decided to end the flight right before I crossed into New Mexico.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think Ultimate Traffic has something to do with it?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

Sadley, it is probably a glitch. It has happened to me a couple of times and I do not have UT. Just kept going and going. Glitch. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

It seems to me that if you circle too far out, thay do forget about you. I found that if you just turn back towards the runway, and begin your decent as if you had clearance, all of a sudden they give you the OK to land.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I got this too. It seems that with Ultimate Traffic the airports can't cope. I've seen queues of aircraft waiting to take off and ATC telling all the incoming aircraft to go-around. Makes it very annoying when you're trying to make a landing with low fuel. I tend to just land anyway (pity there's no "declare an emergency" option).

I've also had them forget about me (every time) when there's a go-around.

It's an annoying bug that the makers of Ultimate Traffic haven't been able to sort out and "forgetfully" neglect to mention.

D.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...