Landing Gear, Top and Bottom?

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

At the air-museum by where I grew up, there was a bi-plane that had tricycle landing gear on the bottom of the plane, where it is supposed to be, but it also had landing gear on the top...

Anyone know which plane this is or if there is a download for it?

Thanks!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Sphagnum1 Guest

Ha, never heard of it... landing gear on top just in case you accidentally flew your plane in upsidedown? 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

At the air-museum by where I grew up, there was a bi-plane that had tricycle landing gear on the bottom of the plane, where it is supposed to be, but it also had landing gear on the top...

Anyone know which plane this is or if there is a download for it?

Thanks!

You sure it was landing gear? Could it have been one of those contraptions that are used for stunts - can't remember what they're called - but some dare devil stands on top of the wings during flight supported by some type of framework.

Joe Smith Guest

I know an old timer (91 years young) that saw a dual landing gear Bi-plane at Osh Kosh. He said he believes it was the year the Concord was there. He said it took off and landed but there was only one pilot trained to fly it. He also said that it was sold that weekend. This is probably the plane you saw in your local museum.

So I saw my old friend today and he said the buyer of the dual landing gear plane was the Oracle insurance company.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...