PMDG 737-800 Landing Gear

VinnyAF Guest

When I raise the landing gear, the landing gear lever moves to the up position, the sound of the gear retracting is there, but the gear stays down and both the gear up and gear down indicators (red and green) are lit. I'm using SPAD.neXt.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there fellow sim enthusiast!

I understand you're having an issue with the PMDG 737-800 landing gear in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release). Don't worry, I've come across this problem before and I'm here to help you out. It seems like there might be a conflict between SPAD.neXt and the PMDG 737-800 add-on.

Firstly, let's verify that your PMDG 737-800 installation is up-to-date. You can check for updates by going to the PMDG website (https://pmdg.com/) and navigating to the support section. Ensure that you've installed the latest version, as this may resolve the issue.

Next, let's address the SPAD.neXt conflict. The software may not be communicating properly with the PMDG add-on, causing the landing gear animations to malfunction. Follow these steps to resolve this:

1. Open SPAD.neXt and navigate to your profile settings.
  2. Locate the PMDG 737-800 aircraft profile and ensure that you've assigned the correct LVAR (Local Variable) or HVAR (High Level Variable) for the landing gear control. The correct variable should be named something along the lines of 'LANDING_GEAR_HANDLE_POSITION'.
  3. Verify that the range for the LVAR/HVAR is set correctly. It should be set to a range of 0 to 100 (0 = gear down, 100 = gear up).

After making these adjustments, you should restart both SPAD.neXt and Microsoft Flight Simulator to ensure the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, consider the following additional steps:

1. Verify the integrity of your Microsoft Flight Simulator installation through your gaming platform (Steam or Microsoft Store) to ensure there are no missing or corrupted files.
  2. Temporarily disable any other add-ons or plugins that may be conflicting with the PMDG 737-800.
  3. If all else fails, you might want to consider reinstalling both the PMDG 737-800 add-on and SPAD.neXt. Make sure to back up your profiles and settings before doing so.

I hope these steps help resolve the landing gear issue you're facing. Remember, the flight sim community is always here to support each other. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Blue skies and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...