No landing gear

Pro Member Trainee
kicker1 Trainee

I downloaded the C17 from your website and it has no gear. Where can I get gear landing gear for this aircraft?

THanks
Kicker1

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

kicker1 wrote:

I downloaded the C17 from your website and it has no gear. Where can I get gear landing gear for this aircraft?

Hi,

A couple of questions:

Which version of flight simulator are you running? Then, when you downloaded the plane, did you notice if the flight sim version it was created for was different than the version you're running?

I ask these questions because things like missing landing gear, gauges, props, etc. are common symptoms of version incompatibility. Of course, it could be something else, but this is what I'd look to first for answers.

Can you give us more information?

Pro Member Trainee
kicker1 Trainee

I'm using FS2004

According to the information on this download it should work for both FS2002 and 2004.

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

kicker1 wrote:

I'm using FS2004

According to the information on this download it should work for both FS2002 and 2004.

Hi again,

Could you give me the URL for the download? I'll be happy to try this plane in my fs2004 to see if the same problem happens here.

Pro Member Trainee
kicker1 Trainee

I believe the number you ask for is 937. It this is not correct let me know.

Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
kicker1 Trainee

Just another word. I've notice that the plane flies great. But have noticed that the stall flaps do not move either.

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

kicker1 wrote:

I believe the number you ask for is 937. It this is not correct let me know.

Thanks

Okay...I'm back. I installed the plane, then started the sim. At the very moment I clicked on the plane in my aircraft selection window, this message popped up:

"The aircraft you are attempting to load is not fully compatible with Flight Simulator. The incompatibility may cause Flight Simulator to become unstable, the aircraft to function incorrectly, or both. Do you want to disable unsupported features on this Boeing C-17?"

I clicked "Yes", and sure enough, the landing gear was missing.

I thought I'd go back and try again, and this time, choose "No", but the error message didn't come back. I guess it remembered my original choice. Even after I closed the sim and re-started it. I suppose I could have removed the plane, then put it back in, but I feel the exercise is already pointless. Regardless of what the download page said, this plane is not compatible with fs2004.

It's obviously one of the older planes of POSKY (Project Open Sky), and is not compatible. The download page says, in part: "...works well in FS2004 ACOF ". I'm not sure what the "ACOF" bit means, but perhaps someone else here could let us know.

After experiencing several such incidents in the past, I decided a while ago to only install planes that claimed full compatibility with fs2004. This plane, even on the download page, does not claim complete compatibility. Here's the complete quote:

"FS2004/FS2002 Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Fuerza Aerea De Chile

Repainted for Fuerza Aerea De Chile. This C 17 Works well in FS2002/ works well in FS2004 ACOF - just one small snag engines are hollow in reverse mode, try and ignore and you should be O.K. C17 Aircraft created by Project Open Sky & painted by Hugo Espinosa. (requires Sounds)"

If I saw that, I wouldn't even bother with it (I only did out of curiosity, and wanting to help you sort this out).

Sorry it didn't work foryou. Better luck next time! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
kicker1 Trainee

Thanks for all your trouble. It's nice to have other members out there that are helpful. It means a lot to me.

Thanks again 😀

Kicker1

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

kicker1 wrote:

Thanks for all your trouble. It's nice to have other members out there that are helpful. It means a lot to me.

Thanks again 😀

Kicker1

You're welcome! There are many very helpful people here; I continue to learn a great deal by coming here and looking around now and then.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice work watersprite, some just don't make it while other 2002 will.

ACOF

A

Century

Of

Flight

Pro Member Trainee
Turtle5x5 Trainee

I had the same problem with this aircraft and the sr-71 blackbird. However, I was reading a readme file from anoter aircraft that warned/advised to say "no" when the question of incompatibility came up or you would not have any landing gear.

I have not tried this yet, uninstall/reinstall, but I plan to soon.

Pro Member Trainee
Turtle5x5 Trainee

Tried it. Didn't work. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
WillRock Trainee

I have the same problem with the SR71 because I answered "no". This is a great plane, my favorite, and I would love to see the gear come up on takeoff.
I have embarked on a world tour with the Blackbird. I can cover 1000 miles in a half hour flight and cover a lot of ground without spending all day on the sim. The rules are I can explore local areas in a small plane once I have landed the Blackbird. This is a tricky plane to fly but very satisfying each time you make a successful landing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...