Spring Break (LOTS of pictures)

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Hey guys!
I just got back from my Spring Break trip to Ixtapa Mexico! Man it was great! 😀 (except for the BAD sunburn Crying or Very sad )
So it went like this:
Southwest Airlines from RNO(Reno) to LAX (LA). Then we stayed overnight in LA, then the next day was Alaska Airlines from LAX to ZIH (Zihuatanejo MX.)
After our saty in Ixtapa (paradise!) it was Alaska from ZIH to LAX. Then overnight in LA again, then Horizon Airlines to RNO.
I got some preatty good pics in LA as well as 2 planes we couldn't ID in ZIH.

I originally thought it was a Twin Otter that had been droping skydivers over the hotel all week, but upon closer examination, it was a taildragger, and the engines were mounted on pylons attached to the fuseluge under the wings. (It was from the terminal in front of a bush Sorry!) I couldn't get my camera out quick enough as we taxied by.

[/img]
Heres a little better shot

The Queen Elizabeth II (i think) and the areodome were the Spruce Goose lived

Quntas 747 in LA

An American Eagle Saab ❓ (not sure what the plane is)

A NWA 747

This one's preatty special, its Alaska Airlines 737-400 painted in a special liverey to mark Disneylands 50th anniversery (call sign Tinkerbell)

A US Airways Airbus taking off

Southwest Airlines 737 waiting to take off

A JAL 747 taxiing in

Only the most important food group!!! 😛

An Alaska Airlines 737-800 at the gate next to us

Ok thats all for tonight. I have more pics on my other camera that i'll upload in an updated post tommorow.

🙂) Yawn

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Those are some nice pics there. BTW, thats a Saab 340 of that AE plane.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the lovely collection of pics AJ (I half expected to see a Warthog somewhere).

Nothing about any airport or aircraft is ever boring 👍 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Excellent. Only an extraordinary individual uses spring break to take pictures at airports. 👍 👍 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Great! Lots of cool shots there 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice, very nice thanks for sharing them with us.
It looks as if you had a good time.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Cool pics, i like the NWA 742 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Excellent shots alohajoe, very impressive. I'm looking forward to some more pics tomorrow. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Cool pics, i like the NWA 742 😉

Great minds think alike 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Very nice pictures!! 👍

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Thanks guys!

I love taking pictures at airports no mater what the occasion!

So here are two 744 (1 is Cathay Pacific, the other British Airways) sitting on the tarmac facing each other nose to nose (the window was REALLY dirty. Crying or Very sad sorry!)

A JAL 747 pushing back for take-off

Beautiful! ❤️

A Korean Air 777 taxiing for take-off

Another shot of the 777

I'm preatty sure thats an Air New Zealand 747

EVA Air 747 at the gate

Can anyone tell me what Air Atlanta Europe is???

A BIG thunder head out the window on the ZIH-LAX flight

Here's the other plane we couldn't ID in ZIH. Its not a Q400, so we thought it was an ATR Regional... Any Ideas ❓ ❓ ❓

Some ships in LA after takeoff

A Southwest 737 in front of the LAX resturant

Here's another pic of that NWA 742

A nice sunset going out of RNO

Another US Air 737 or Airbus? going out of LAX

Another (not as good) sunset out of Reno

Here's the one Military plane (NANG C-130) i saw the entire time. (while taxiing for take-off in RNO)

So thats it until my next vacation (hopefully Hawaii!!!) 👏
Hope everyone enjoyed the pics!!! 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Once again alohajoe, very cool shots. I can comfirm with you that it is a Air New Zealand 744 in the 7th picture down.

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

awesome 😳

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

😀 😀 😀
Fantastic- I love aircraft photo post's on these forums, the pictures you took made some very enjoyable viewing!

Thanks for sharing them with us!

The Queen Elizabeth II (i think) and the areodome were the Spruce Goose lived

That is actually the "Queen Mary" (Not Queen Mary 2, that is the brand new huge one) which I have stayed the night on!

It is interesting one of your shots includes an Air New Zealand 747 because back in 2001, when I lived in England, I visted NZ for the first time flying on the ANZ 747, stopping off in LA.

I stayed in LA for 2 days and visited Disneyland, then continued my journy to New Zealand, where my family vacationed for a month. Then on the way back to England, we stopped off in LA again, this time staying only overnight on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. That day I had 6 main meals thanks to time zone changes, lol!

There is also a Russian submarine moored next to the ship which I visted which was used in some movie "Scorpion" or something...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

What is incredible is the size of the NWA 747 sitting at the gate. For some reason, you've captured its mass in incredible detail. I have no idea what it is, but I just feel humbled looking at it. *tear*

Very cool shots!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

That is indeed a ATR 42-500.

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Thanks guys!
So does anyone know what that oddball plane is at ZIH? Its Tail # is
XP-TPS. I really want to know what it is because it looks really intresting.

Cheeky said

That is actually the "Queen Mary" (Not Queen Mary 2, that is the brand new huge one) which I have stayed the night on!

Embarassed oops sorry,
Cheeky said

There is also a Russian submarine moored next to the ship which I visted which was used in some movie "Scorpion" or something...

The pilot said something about a Russian Scorpian Class Sub moored next to the Queen.

Thanks again guys! I hope we're flying to some huge airport again soon! I also hope to go plane spotting at RNO soon. (if the weather ever gets better Yucky it's been yucky ever since we got home)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Excellent, you could make a living out of this. Very enjoyable!

Re the Air Atlanta Europe, you might find some info via this link ➡ http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/atlantaeurope.htm

The one you weren't sure about looks so much like an ATR Regional as you suggested that if it isn't, I'll change my name to Warthog.

The US Air leaving LAX looks like a Boeing to me, it's hard to tell from this angle. The wings and the engines... maybe Agus could confirm that it's not an Airbus?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The ship and the sub, now that's a great shot!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Thanks for the info Tailhook!
RM said

The ship and the sub, now that's a great shot!

I got that off the internet 😂
unfortunantly that is an ATR so u can keep your name! Crying or Very sad the one i still need to find out is this one...

Thanks again guyz!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

alohajoe wrote:

unfortunantly that is an ATR so u can keep your name! Crying or Very sad

I knew that 😀 I thought you liked my name anyway 🍅

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

alohajoe you say the registration prefix of that mystery craft is XP. I can't find a country with this prefix. Dont Know 😉

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Tailhook said

I thought you liked my name anyway

😀 i do like your name, although i would of liked it better if it was Warthog 😀

Pilotwannabe said

alohajoe you say the registration prefix of that mystery craft is XP. I can't find a country with this prefix.

XP=experimental maybe?? Idea Maybe thats why no one has seen or have heard of it before. 🤔
I dont know, it kinda does look like it could be experimental.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Man...spring break pictures and all we get to see is planes? Where's the girls!?!?!

lol, j/k. I agree with FEM, great shot and that 747 at the gate is especially cool.

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

NoWorries said

Man...spring break pictures and all we get to see is planes? Where's the girls!?!?!

ROFL
Good point!!! 🤔 must of forgotten bout them! Doh!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...