How often do you have aircraft failures?, For FSPassenger...

Sphagnum1 Guest

I've set up a new FSPassengers company with a fixed 5% failure setting. I'm right now flying my 58th flight in a Piper Cherokee Six. Somewhere around the 15th flight I did, I had a failure where my landing gear wouldn't retract (much better than the reverse problem 🙂 ) Anyway, since that time I have not had a single failure. Statistically, I should have had at least 2 more by now...

I do make sure to "repair" my aircraft after at least every 3 flights, does this make the failure rating virtually null?

Kinda an impromptue poll, if you would, for FSPassenger users. What is your failure rating (%) and how often does a failure actually happen? Thanks.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont know if repairs effects failures rate because i always repair my craft after a flight.
I dont think that you can count on statistics for failures...It happens to me to have failure after one flight from my previous one.
I have set my failures to 17%.
Although there are people like dear 99Jolegg that has them at 45% if i remember correct.

Sphagnum1 Guest

Yeah, I thought 5% meant, well, 5%... Like 1 in 20 or so. Had I known they were so sparse, I would have upped it much more.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

im on 15%

Sphagnum1 Guest

brownbox wrote:

im on 15%

And do you get failures 3 out of 20 flights or so?

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Mine is set at 20% (More points for an emergency) and I think I've had(not including getting shot at) 3 in over 38 flights.

And I don't repair my aircraft unless they are unsafe to fly or at their 25 hr inspection(in real life, it'd be 50 hr or even 100 hr) but it seems like it takes me so long to get to 25 hours.

Sphagnum1 Guest

Yeah, I havn't flewn into any war zones yet... I started with 500k and I've just now gottten my second pilot to c3 after training my main pilot to c6. Biggest plane I have is the Cessna Caravan. So I've been sticking to the West Coast of the USA and Canada (That's where the VA I'm with is based) until I have bigger, faster planes that can go further Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I dont know if repairs effects failures rate because i always repair my craft after a flight.
I dont think that you can count on statistics for failures...It happens to me to have failure after one flight from my previous one.
Although there are people like dear 99Jolegg that has them at 45% if i remember correct.

I got bored of having a failure most flights, so its now at 20%, from Easy to Hard failures. Today my landing gear wouldn't extend so I had to do a belly landing 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

I got bored of having a failure most flights, so its now at 20%, from Easy to Hard failures. Today my landing gear wouldn't extend so I had to do a belly landing 😎

Wooow ❗ ...Luck of any shots from your landing?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Well, the pictures I have just submitted in the Screenshot forum were supposed to be of the emergency landing, but, because I recorded the flight and then played it back, FsP was no longer running, so there were no faults and the gear came down fine Crying or Very sad

I should have taken some pictures at the time instead of recording it Poke in Eye

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...