Landing at Mykonos?

Pro Member Trainee
Nikolais Trainee

Hey 😀

I saw so many people landing at a little island in Greece called Mykonos, and I wondered if the is a speciel way to get the plane on the Mykonos runway heading.
Like turning x degrees when taking off from Athens, or something?

Thanks in advance!
nikolais 🙂

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Hi Nikolais,

Fly an IFR flight from where you want. That will more or less get you aligned with the runway if you select a visual approach.

Pro Member Trainee
Nikolais Trainee

Will ATC guide me to the runway if I choose visual runway?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yes, you must report it 'in sight'

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

One IFR route from LGAV (Athens) to LGMK (Myconos) is:

VARIX DCT MKN

Then, follow the arrival procedures (STAR and VORDME rwy 34). The charts are here:

http://www40.brinkster.com/ifrcharts/ Just type in "LGMK" (without the quotes).

You could go VFR, but you'd need to know the area of course. Still, here are some navaids that will speed you on your way.

From LGAV go straight for the coast (either the eastern or the western, depending if you departed on 03R or 21L) and follow it south. Keep the NDB on the Sounion frequency (319.0). As soon as you have cleared the mountains, proceed direct Sounion (it's the very southern tip of Attica).

From there, tune the Kea VOR (KEA, 115.0) and head direct for the little island. Over Kea turn due East (090) and proceed to the next island, which is Kythnos (no NAVAIDS). Somewhere over Kythnos you should be able to pick up the Syros NDB (417.0). If not, head South-SouthEast and you will pick it up. Over Syros you will pick up the Myconos VOR (MKN 110.0). Proceed to the airport and follow circling procedures. Observe the MSA (especially if you use Active Sky) because there are some *strong* winds usually.

Have fun!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...