Having trouble landing the ILS approach

Armycss Guest

Having trouble landing the ILS approach. Approach, speed is all good until I hit the localizer then it all goes south from there. I am maintaining a 150 kts speed until the glide slope then I chop back to idle for a 600-700 fpm descent. Unfortunately in that nose up attitude I can't see the runway and inevitable thunder in...very frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try these and see if they are of any help.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/

Radar

Firstly @ 150kts you will want about 750fpm descent until the speed bleeds off. At 130kts settle for 650fpm. As far as visibility goes cycle to dials pressing the "W" key....if memory serves me correctly! or I think you can change the "seat position" by pressing shift and enter or shift and backspace. See how that goes.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...