All panel's autothrottle is screwed!!

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I've installed several panels to the same aircraft thinking that the previous one had a problem with the panel, but I always end up in the same! The autothrottle doesn't function properly for some reason after take-off. The weather conditions are perfect, no wind whatsoever. I set it to hold speed at 300 knots, and just after take-off it goes to 300 knots but then it starts decreasing, not that the pitch is too much but for some odd reason. Then eventually when the pitch starts increasing due to this, i disable it and have to control it myslef. What is going wrong?? Why does it occur with every single panel?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it's not the panels fault :p

check to see if the aircraft actually has autothrottle (some don;t and excellerate untill overspeed etc). some aircraft also must have the autpilot set on the ground for take off, and some must have the auto throttle set only after the autopilot master switch is on.

some panels you must also turn the autopilot on/off or hit the disengage button just to clear it up ready for use.

Pro Member First Officer

Right, let me explain exactly what I do. This is what I do with the default Boeing 737-400 and works perfectly fine. I start the flight, and engines are already switched on. I use the autothrottle for controlling taxi speed until runway where i switch it off. Then i set the altitude and vertical speed. I activate them, but as master switch is off they don't act. Then I use the throttle for take-off, and a couple of minutes later I press Z, which turns on the master switch and then click on SPD, whilst the autothrottle was already activated on ground before. Then it works for a while, before screwing up.
If this is wrong, then explain me what and how I have to set the autothrottle.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

you must have autothrottle activated to allow the speed button to work. the speed button does nothing on it's own.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

I've installed several panels to the same aircraft thinking that the previous one had a problem with the panel, but I always end up in the same!

This by itself appears to be an 'aliasing' problem.

Unless you 'alias' correctly, FS won't know which panel to select.

Pro Member First Officer

hinch wrote:

you must have autothrottle activated to allow the speed button to work. the speed button does nothing on it's own.

Yes, I know. Without the autothrottle switched on the speed button's light won't go on. Even whilst in flight, when I turned on the speed button, when the autothrottle was activated, i could see the throttle being reduced to idle. That's when i deactivated it. Btw, do you think that by turning Master switch on and off, during flight will help?

Tailhook, what does aliasing mean? How do I alias FS which panel to select?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

hinch wrote:

Tailhook, what does aliasing mean? How do I alias FS which panel to select?

See if this helps.

http://www.simviation.com/lair/aliasing1.htm

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

ok, I get the point, but the autothrottle only works on ground, when I taxi at speeds like 15-20 knots. After take-off, it doesn't keep the speed I want it to. WHY, WHY, WHY????

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

you don't use it to taxi! if there is any wind that won't work anyway as it will be trying to go at 15knots indicated - ie. if there's a 15knot headwind; you'll go nowhere Wink

the procedure for many aircraft is this: set the speed (250knots) and taxi to the runway. as you are moving into position flick the autopilot master switch on followed by the autothrottle on. when all ready push the speed button and off you go.

Pro Member First Officer

OHHH, ok. So i must use autothrottle for take-off then? Right, what I used to do was use my actual throttle then whilst the speed was increasing then suddenly flicked the SPD button on. Ill give that a try.

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, that was my problem. I was turning on the Master Switch after take-off, when i had control of the speed. Anyway, problem is solved. Thanks for the advice guys 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...