Fastest Freeware Aircraft??

TimTim Guest

Hi, after a long time of flying Cessna's and the heavy metal I decided that I want a new challenge, I want a really fast airplane, but I don't want to pay for it 😎

Which is the fastest airplane you can get for free in Flight Simulator 2004??

I already have an F-16 Viper, which I think is capable of 2 Mach, and I already have a freeware version of a concorde (which is a bad version tbh)

Is there any airplanes faster than Kirk Olsoon's Viper availbe as freeware in FS2k4

Thanks for the help in advance

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Is this fast enough for you?

File Description:
FS2004 Stratojet Chronos The Stratojet Chronos is an extremely fast business jet. It can fly at mach 3.5 over long distances AND is capable to land on and take of from very short runways too! FS2004, dynamic virtual cockpit, 5 liveries, reflective textures, opening door, full moving parts, functional ramjet, panel with custom gauges, custom sound, effects... by Eugene Heyart

Can be found at -

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2857/fs2004-stratojet-chronos/

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Further to the Stratojet Chronos above - the installation process for this a/c is not for beginners, but all the necessary instructions are in the readmefile, follow it step by step and should be OK.

Takes off on a dime - flies well - my pilot skills don't stretch to good landings

Some nice smoke and jet effects -

Click for bigger image -

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I just flew it from Diego Garcia to Dubai. Rather conservative Mach 2.5 FL650. 3 hours! I'm about 35 miles out, still on A/P when all of a sudden, it accelerates to Mach 1.5 and climbs to 15,000 ft. I have to do some serious work on that plane. The A/P Altitude hold sometimes bounces around by +/- 2k ft.

Still, it does get from point A to point B really quickly. 😂

TimTim Guest

I downloaded it!!

It took about 10 mins to install it but believe me it was well worth it!!

Its just so lovely!! It can be an out of control beast that can get from the ground to the clouds on a fair day in about 10 seconds (sometimes even 5) or it can be really controllable (such as when you are coming in to land)

Great plane whoever made it 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
bbonsignor Trainee

i no of one for fsx at simgameit.com called mirage on crack

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...