Help get this thread out of sight

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Everybody, the thread below mine is disgusting! If you guys can, make new threads so that it will get shoved down and out of sight eventually. I don't know if flyaway will get around to dumping it.

I dont' think anyone will care if there's a few "pointless" threads put up to dump out this bad one below. 😎

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Ed Guest

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Everybody, the thread below mine is disgusting! If you guys can, make new threads so that it will get shoved down and out of sight eventually. I don't know if flyaway will get around to dumping it.

I dont' think anyone will care if there's a few "pointless" threads put up to dump out this bad one below. 😎

'Course, if people reply to that thread it will get bumped to the top again. So don't reply to it, folks.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I totally agree with Guest Ed. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

bumping this post

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

How about instead of posting 30 spam posts we just don't read the thread?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I agree. It'll be deleted ASAP 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Guest ED, you don't understand what I'm talking about.

I mean create NEW posts, NOT reply to the crap one, NOR reply to this, that way it'll be pushed to the bottom because of the new threads.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't fill the forum up with pointless posts then everything worthwhile will be on page two.
Just leave it be, flyaway will be along to delete it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I see what you mean, I just meant enough so that the bad thing would be below sight.

I guess it depends on screen resolution as well, so I'd still be able to see it even thought others might not have to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Hmm, when I first saw it, this was below it. Guess I have to bump it up with my usual request to change this site ti two levels of membership (One free that allows posting and the $5 version which gives total access).

The idea that any potty-mouth, pervert or whacko can post, makes no sense at all. Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

The idea that any potty-mouth, pervert or whacko can post, makes no sense at all. Mad

It makes even less sense that it hasn't been deleted by Flyaway 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

flyaway was logged in for about half an hour and he didnt delete it.

I show him at 15:15 Athens time and last time at 15:40...

BIG SHAME.BAD MODERATING. ❗ ❗ Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain

...and myself and RadarMan have PM'd him and its still around. At least give the oppurtunity for an existing moderator to delete it 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

Moderating is like locking the barn door after the horse has been stolen. the damage is already done.

The best solution, whether it be terrorists, criminals, hackers or obnoxious posters, is to deny them access.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Moderating is like locking the barn door after the horse has been stolen. the damage is already done.

The best solution, whether it be terrorists, criminals, hackers or obnoxious posters, is to deny them access.

Allow me to notice that bad moderating and bad guests are two different issues which have the same bad results...

Pro Member Chief Captain

Unless the moderator is superman, or able to be here moderating 24/7, the problem will still exist.

Apparently, people have a problem with the concept of denying bad people access. Shortly after 9/11, someone asked me my opinion of how terrorists could be stopped from doing it again. I replied, "Keep them out of the country."

Moderating is like throwing the terrorists out of the country five minutes after they crashed into the World Trade Center.

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Moderating is like throwing the terrorists out of the country five minutes after they crashed into the World Trade Center.

I agree with that, but on our smaller scale such as this website, a bad post or two that is deleted within a few hours by RM and TTT, doesn't bother me too much because I know it'll be deleted soon. Its when it is left to sit around for a long time that is irritating, but I see your point entirely.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

There are members on this site that are 11 years old. They deserve some consideration.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I agree, I didn't mean my previous post to sound self centered, sorry Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

No need to apologize. Speaking from one's own perspective is perfectly normal.

In a perfect world, we'd all just ignore the idiots. Oops. In a perfect world there would be no idiots to post garbage here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

ok,umm what's a thread ❓
I just don't know the term. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No meaning to change your mind or to be rude against you but dont you think that the parallelism you do here is a litle...too much???

And another point...Can you tell me the population of US if you have close the boards to all foreigners?I think that it will be the 1/10 from what it is now and things wont be the same for this country...my opinion.
The same happens here...if this site was close the members of it will be more less than 70500 something... Dont Know

No meaning to turn this discussion in politics i just give an example.Lets stay focus to the problem but lets find out what is the problem... 😉

Friendly to you dear Crash 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman,

First, I always appreciate you views.

Second, while the severity of someone dumping garbage in these forum is much less that a terrorist flying into buildings, the idea of not letting them do these things is the same.

I appreciate the fact that a lot of folks don't want to lock people out. The software that runs these forums can easily be configure to require registration, including requiring that you reply to a confirmation email before being allowed to post. It isn't perfect since it doesn't exclude throw-away email addresses, but it is better than anonymous posts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

ok,umm what's a thread ❓
I just don't know the term. Embarassed

Courtesy of the Firefox Extension "Answers"http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=what's%20a%20thread%20&fw=2&fc=17&gwp=16

Courtesy of Radarman's link to webopedia.com - the computer term ➡
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/t/thread.html

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dear Crash the appriciation is mutually,and you know it 😉 🍻

It isn't perfect since it doesn't exclude throw-away email
addresses, but it is better than anonymous posts.

As far as the above state of yours i have no reason to disagree.
But from the other side i have the impression that flyaway and Fly Away want these guests(im not refering to the bad ones)for marketing reasons.
We open the doors to anyone to bite the bait and the bait of this site,in my humble opinion is all of us.
Yes this great forum community.Thats why if you find an advertisment of this site(i have find one in past but i didnt keep it... Embarassed )the forums are in the second or the third,i think, point to it. 😉
We all clearly know that it isnt the downloads the attraction of this site(the last update was in the end of WWII),except maybe the No-CD crack...and the cracks section in general.

So why?Why we are about 70500 members?
Because if we try to search for the No-CD crack or any add-ons one of the first sites we find in google is Fly Away...
Great managment to this point.

So if ,for example, i had a local store and sell goods in the price of 5$ and i had found a way to bring the customers in,i wont care if some of them are not satisfied or dont shopping...
Statistically 2-3 to 10 are going to leave their money.Its simple i think.... 😉...Business 😉
Maybe the mistake is ours because we have a more human view than a marketing one... 😉

But at the end i love to do such mistakes 😂 😂 😂 ❗

Sorry for the big and full of language Embarassed diamonds post... 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...