Changing maximum fuel capacity

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

The 3 Airbus A380s I downloaded from has incorrect fuel capacity. The A380s have approx. 41,000 gallons while their real fuel capacity is 80,000 gallons. Is there a way to change maximum fuel capacity?

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Go to your aircraft.cfg and change these numbers:

This is for the default 747-400. You need to change it to suit the A380:

[fuel]
Center1 = -83.5, 0.0, -7.0, 19545.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
Center2 = -193.5, 0.0, 6.0, 3300.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
LeftMain = -112.0, -35.0, -4.0, 16720.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
LeftAux = -118.5, -52.0, -3.0, 500.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -112.0, 35.0, -4.0, 16720.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightAux = -118.5, 52.0, -3.0, 500.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
fuel_type = 2 //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA
number_of_tank_selectors = 1

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

cheechm wrote:

Go to your aircraft.cfg and change these numbers:

This is for the default 747-400. You need to change it to suit the A380:

[fuel]
Center1 = -83.5, 0.0, -7.0, 19545.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
Center2 = -193.5, 0.0, 6.0, 3300.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
LeftMain = -112.0, -35.0, -4.0, 16720.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
LeftAux = -118.5, -52.0, -3.0, 500.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -112.0, 35.0, -4.0, 16720.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightAux = -118.5, 52.0, -3.0, 500.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

like how?

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

[fuel]
Center1 = -83.5, 0.0, -7.0, 20000.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
Center2 = -193.5, 0.0, 6.0, 0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
LeftMain = -112.0, -35.0, -4.0, 20000.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
LeftAux = -118.5, -52.0, -3.0, 10000.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -112.0, 35.0, -4.0, 20000.0, 3.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightAux = -118.5, 52.0, -3.0, 10000.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

the fuel capacity are exactly 80,000 gallons-close to the one for the real A380 but i'll take it. Now that my planes has more fuel capacity, the plane is heavier and the plane crashes every time when i start a flight. Can you change the maximum gross weight as well? i'll try to look for the real max gross weight on the A380.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

the maximum weight for the real A380 is 1,124,000 pounds

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Oh for the love of god.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Oh for the love of god.

You're going to give yourself severe hypertension one of these days 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

The 3 Airbus A380s I downloaded from has incorrect fuel capacity. The A380s have approx. 41,000 gallons while their real fuel capacity is 80,000 gallons. Is there a way to change maximum fuel capacity?

The reduced fuel could be because of passenger and cargo weight, commercial aircraft almost never fly with full tanks. The passenger and cargo capacity is severely less with full fuel. A CRJ200LR with full fuel would be limited to 40 of the normal 50 passengers and zero bags, with full fuel. With normal bags, 30 passengers(-40%). 🙂

Last edited by CRJCapt on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

oh, but now i need to know how to change the max gross weight

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

And then you'll have to change the engine thrust, fuel consumption and a few other parameters.

Exactly what were you actually trying to fix?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Solotwo wrote:

Oh for the love of god.

You're going to give yourself severe hypertension one of these days 😳

It comes from reading this forum daily. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

KevinTsai wrote:

oh, but now i need to know how to change the max gross weight

Wall BashingWall BashingWall BashingWall BashingWall Bashing this is becomeing like the book" If you give a mouse a cookie." one thing leads to another, and another...look for a more realistic a380...i dont like flying the a380 cause they arent even flying for airlines yet... so why fly them. isnt the sim for realism??? a380's for airlines arent real yet. well the a380's are but not flying for the airlines. O what have i gotten myself into!!!stupid Wall Bashing, stupid Wall Bashing, stupid Wall Bashing, stupid Wall Bashing, later on... Sleep

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

I change my fuel capacity in the Aircraft.cfg. But the plane is heavy and now I need to change the max gross weight. Does anyone know how? If I can change the max fuel capacity in aircraft.cfg, could I change the max gross weight as well? I don't know how.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Do you think this could be it? 🙄

max_gross_weight =

Of course, you will also want to look at this one, as well. It probably will need to be adjusted.

empty_weight =

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

It didn't work. I tried changing the max gross weight and empty weight but the statistics didn't change. Cheechm, i need your help again please.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

again, max gross weight is 1,124,000 pounds.

ARD_DC Guest

Hi Kevin,

Had a look at this myself out of curiosity, but I found that simply adjusting the MGW of the aircraft in the Aircraft.cfg file to allow the desired max fuel capacity works fine for me.
Like you said, I also found that my aircraft crashes when I load 300,000 lbs fuel when the MGW is 187.700 lbs, but when I adjust the MGW to an appropriate value, the crashing is over. 😳

Guess I can only ask - sorry; this is a near-insultng question Embarassed - if you did not forget to re-load your aircraft after you changed and saved the aircraft.cfg file, and if there are no typo's in the section headers (sorry -dont know the proper name for it)

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight = xxxx
empty_weight = xxxx

When you adjust the MGW, does the info in the Fuel&Payload dialog change accordingly? (is this what you meant by 'statistics'?)

*modified values shown below

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

wait a minute, how did you change your MGW when I can't? Did you change your MGW in the max_gross_weight=? I tried to do that, but the statistics didn't change. Tell me exactly what you do to change your MGW. And oh by the way, the image you showed me is the statistics i'm talking about.

Pro Member Chief Captain

max_gross_weight=

It is max_gross_weight =

If there is no space before the "=", it won't work. Also, check to see that you haven't got two max_gross_weight = entries in the aircraft.cfg.

If you can't find the problem, post the contents of the aircraft.cfg here.

ARD_DC Guest

KevinTsai wrote:

wait a minute, how did you change your MGW when I can't? Did you change your MGW in the max_gross_weight=? I tried to do that, but the statistics didn't change. Tell me exactly what you do to change your MGW. And oh by the way, the image you showed me is the statistics i'm talking about.

Good advise from Gordon, but to reply to your question, the only thing I changed was the entry within the Aircraft.cfg, as shown in code in my previous post.

Good luck, hope you can find the error/problem. Let us know.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

the center of gravity is all the way at the tail. It's impossible to change it because of the high fuel capacity and i downloaded another set of A380s last night. i'm gonna use them instead.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...