Need some help

Flyguy4 Guest

I just installed FS2004 on a new computer with alot of paywear and am having a problem. About an hour into a flight the tool bar dissapears on me and if I go to the Alt to bring it back up my fs will shut down. Any ideas how to correct this?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Are ypu having other programs runing wile playing?

Well just Real Weather and Radar Contact 4

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm sorry if this sounds discouraging... but -- as a rule of thumb it's never a good idea to install any add-ons immediately after having installed FS.

Why? It makes it very difficult to troubleshoot if something doesn't work properly.

This is the situation we're finding ourselves in right now.

I know what I would do, but I dare not suggest it Fear 😀

I had this problem a long time ago when my FS was on another computer but I forgot what I had to do to correct it. The only reason I have so many add on's is because I got them over the years

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I had this problem a long time ago when my FS was on another computer but I forgot what I had to do to correct it. The only reason I have so many add on's is because I got them over the years

Are you Flyguy4

Whether you only have one or a thousand add-ons doesn't make a difference. It won't slow down your computer or stop it from running - but you have to make sure that everything works nicely before you install or add any add-on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I'm sorry if this sounds discouraging... but -- as a rule of thumb it's never a good idea to install any add-ons immediately after having installed FS.

Why? It makes it very difficult to troubleshoot if something doesn't work properly.

This is the situation we're finding ourselves in right now.

I know what I would do, but I dare not suggest it Fear 😀

I agree (if I read your post correctly) and I will suggest it. Start over with a clean FS installation and determine if FS is behaving. After adding any addon, check that all is still well. That way, if you encounter a problem, you will know where the problem lies. I know it is a pain, but if you add a bunch of stuff, you have no clue where the problem is.

One other thought. You might want to check that your CPU is running hot...clean your computers fans of dust that has collected, etc.

FlyGuy4 Guest

I should clearify something. I have had fs for a very long time. I just moved it to a new computer and when I installed fs I moved all the old folders over to the new set up. Thats why I am now having the problem. I didn't just add all the addon's

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

This means that you have save somewhere your add-ons?If yes Un-install FS and ,as the former posters very right suggest you, install them one by one and check them one by one.

Before install any add-on create a back-up file for the entire FS folder.It will help you because you will always have your original files in order to replace a corrupted or damaged one.

FlyGuy4 Guest

ok I did what you guys suggested and did it alittle at a time but still am having the problem, usally happens in the decent to a airport. Any other suggestions?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Reduce your screen's resolution and check it again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...