GPS/NAV switch.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My friends i want your help in an a probably silly question of me.

I have notice in some crafts that they dont have the GPS/NAV switch-this one we enable in order to follow the GPS route.

Is there an alternative way to enable this operation or i have to fly only by NAV and always had to correct my course?

Sorry for the amateur level of my question.
Crying or Very sad
Thanks in advance.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

No need to apologise GM 😉

You can go to the Control Assignments, and there is a button named "NAV1/GPS" or something similar. Set an assignment for it and then you can change between GPS and NAV. You'll know which one you are on because the HSI will change and will have "DTK" (for GPS) instead of "VOR" (for NAV) in the top left hand corner, or something very similar 😉

Hope it helps

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

More that you can imagine dear Jon.
Thanks for your quick response and your clear answer. Bow Down

I dont want to hide that it was a reason for lot of my crafts stay in dark due to this reason.Embarassed

Thanks again. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Just to let you know that it works ❗

Thank you ❗ ❗ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Glad to hear it 👍

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Glad the problem is solved. If it is a aircraft you are going to spend some time with you could always find a switch and pop it in the panel. The previous solution is nice as it will work on anything. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well it seems like a good idea too Idea .But i havent try it since im not familiar on how can i do such a thing...Maybe a future task.

Thanks Ikw 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...