Nice one Liono 😉

👍

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the tip Liono,
I'm getting it now 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

just went to microsoft.com, and they've got explorer 7, beta 2 available for download

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Thanks!I love WMP,I'll test out this beta and tell you how it is. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I was going to get IE7 beta....but they warn you about possible security flaws and what not which put me off. I'm using Firefox right know.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

nice, very nice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I hate to be a party-pooper, but I don't see anything in WMP 11 that is significantly better than WMP 10. Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I hate to be a party-pooper, but I don't see anything in WMP 11 that is significantly better than WMP 10. Dont Know

I agree with you Crash about certain things. The only thing I like about WMP11 above 10 is that when I click on libary everything I have (over 10Gb of music) is sorted into groups and the lay out is better than WMP 10. But apart from that nothing is really different.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

That is a good point. I do like that. But, I also note that it is a bit more of a memory hog. Oh well, I've never expected MS to produce efficient programs.😉

I notice they released the beta at the same time they launched "Urge", the service they and MTV hope to compete against Apple's itunes with. I guess the Urge server is beta, too. Every couple of hours, I get a message that I can't access it because I'm not connected to the internet. Maybe they are on a different internet. 😂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I have been using it for a few days now and I love it.

It does use up a big more memory than WMP10, but does not have any effect on my 1.5GB RAM system.

It looks much better and the libary is awesome, it sorts out your images, music and video- and the new skin looks great too!

I give it 10/10!

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

cheekytrolly wrote:

I have been using it for a few days now and I love it.

It does use up a big more memory than WMP10, but does not have any effect on my 1.5GB RAM system.

It looks much better and the libary is awesome, it sorts out your images, music and video- and the new skin looks great too!

I give it 10/10!

I agree with you, its the small things that make the difference

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

WMP 11 Beta will only let you install if your running Windows SP2, which I'm not, so thats a no go 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

what is sp2?

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

davidmac1 wrote:

what is sp2?

Windows service pack 2 😉

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Thanks!I love WMP,I'll test out this beta and tell you how it is. 😉

Great!!!Donwload it!

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

downloaded it and using it now 🙂 thanks for the link

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...