Can't Start FS2004, won't load

ausfarht Guest

I'm running a windows xp system, installation of Flight Simulator 2004 is perfectly fine. Then when i try to start it, the pic showing the dc plane shows up for awhile and then completely disappears, i can't seem to be able to run the program.

I trid installing on another com on windows millenium, the same thing happened as well. would someone be kind enough to help?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry but I have to ask, is a legal copy and are you using the no-cd-crack.
If it's not a legal copy, then that's your problem.
If it is see if these help and let us know how you do.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837195 My bet is the file not in "My Documents".

Radar

ausfarht Guest

yea, mine's a legal original one. erm actually all i do is stick the cd in, click express install and it just installs into my com's c drive. Its just under program files in c. Does it matter if the fikes are in My Documents?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have never used this and do not know anyone who has. It is from MS but I cannot say how well it works if at all.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=2941

I'm not making light of your typing I make enough mistakes myself. You said that your "fikes" are in "MY Documents", if you meant folder or file, yes it's ok and if you decide to reinstall make certain that you delete that along with everything else.
If you can't get it working, bring it back and get a new one, one minor defect can cause all the troubles. It should work if you tried it on two machines.
Good luck.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha, Just a quess but if I remember correctly an express install needs the CD to run becouse with an express install you don't install all the needed files,crack file or not. So if you would like it to run correctly make a file in your "Microsoft Games File" called "Flight Simulator 9" and then do a COMPLETE install to that Folder. You should now be able to go Fly!...if that doesn't work I'll,,,,I don't know,feel dumb maybe? Hope this REALLY Helps, Ric

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I belive this popped up a while back, and I had a similar problem myself - when you reconfigure the My Documents folder for network drive/admin access... etc. Try the following posts by Ryanrbftp here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/32/which-video-card/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
ausfarht Guest

thanks a bunch guys. will try it out. haha if it really does not work then haha i'll figure a way. thanks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...