Problem with instalation

szopek Guest

hi . I tried many times but there is always same problem when second file (FS9B.bin) is installing : "Error while writing the file d:/.../beech_baron.cab Make sure your hard disk is not full , and the file is not in use". I have 3,5 gb free space :/ help

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It can be quite a few things. Can you tell us exactly which aircraft it is, the zip also.
Is it payware.

Radar

hmm don't understand:/ I'm just trying to instal FS 2004 but i can't ,cause this error :/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you having trouble installing the Flight Sim or the Baron aircraft.

If it's the flight sim, uninstall everything, do a "Search" for anything left over. Be certain to go to "MY Computer" to delete the folder there.
If the reinstall doesn't work then please list your computer specs to help us figure out what's wrong.
Good luck.

Radar

yep Flight Simulator ( i was installing FS for a first time), everyting is delated,"list your computer specs" - P4 2,4 ghz , 256 ram ,geforce FX 5200 , win xp ? ( i have MS train simulator maybe they don't like each other Wink? eh why there is aways problem with Microsoft products ? 😞

szopek Guest

szopek

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should help.
Your message said "D" do you have 2 hard drives or is it reading your cd drive wrong.
Is this a new copy, if so take it back and get a replacement.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=258496

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

To Szepac
I cant explain it but a few months ago while installing fs9 at the second cd I got a similar message.
Because I have several computers at home I tried to install on another one. No problems. Now I tried to install with a cd burner (USB) on the first one and I found no problems.
To make the story short I found out that was some problem with the memory chip. After replacing it there was no problems. To be sure I put the old one back and i got the brob again

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

I have had several similar occurences when installing various software, especially games. Installations done from the CD RW drive usually go straight through with no errors or problems, but installing from the DVD Drive almost always fail in one way or another. I can't even use the DVD drive to read burned Data CDs. No idea why - just have to accept it and use the other drive, LOL!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...