moscow domodedovo

jzizzle Guest

is their any moscow domodedovo scenery for FS2004 ive looked several times but cant find anything.

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I couldn't find any scenery specific to Domodedovo, but I found a lot of Moscow / Russia in general scenery if you're interested:

(dead link removed)

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

The russian version of avsim... avsim.ru is bound to have something but I cant understand the text...it might be worth a go though 😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i can't find any freeware but this might be of interest https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/150/

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

pilotwannabe wrote:

The russian version of avsim... avsim.ru is bound to have something but I cant understand the text...it might be worth a go though 😉

Use babel fish translator or simmilar

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

I've just given avsim.ru a go, i can't find anything, but it is quite hard to understand, the translation of the website is quite bad

Pro Member Chief Captain

This file contains scenery for Moscow Domedovo...among the other two airports and just generally the Moscow area... ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3056/fs2002-moscow-city-scenery/

😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

bah learn cryllic alphabet 😛 avsim.ru is fairly bare anyway 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

This file contains scenery for Moscow Domedovo...among the other two airports and just generally the Moscow area... ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3056/fs2002-moscow-city-scenery/

😀 😀 😀 😀

Did you happen to notice that it was for FS2002?

Pro Member Chief Captain

There is one entry on that page that got my attention.

27 airports near St. Petersburg, Leningrad and Novgorod plus VFR scenery

Do you think I should let them know that St. Petersburg and Leningrad are the same city?

jzizzle Guest

one site said petrograd, leningrad, and st petersburg.....all the same city. Thanks so much for all the help

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Did you happen to notice that it was for FS2002?

Yes I did....buts its all I could find and thought it looked quite good, better than the default anyway 😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

jzizzle wrote:

one site said petrograd, leningrad, and st petersburg.....all the same city. Thanks so much for all the help

Thats russia for you!

Pro Member Chief Captain

davidmac1 wrote:

jzizzle wrote:

Thats russia for you!

The city was renamed Leningrad during the Soviet era changed back to Petrograd after that little experiment failed. St. Petersburg is its name in English (although the use of "burg" has a derivation in German).

English speaking people have a nasty habit of changing names from other languages, rather than transliterating them. For example, we say Moscow, while it really should be pronounced, Moskva

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i still hear modern english speaking russians refering to it a leningrad, is this common?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Considering that it was named Leningrad for almost the entire length of the Soviet era, I suppose old habits die hard. It might also have something to do with the political viewpoint of the person who still calls it Leningrad.

Old time New York City residents, still call Avenue of the Americas, 6th Avenue, even though the name was changed almost a half century ago.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

i feel i should be involved in this conversation.
lol

Pro Member Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

lol

😂 Feliks Edmundovich Dzerzhinsky says hello.

Now the first person who asks who that was before googling it, gets a stern lecture. 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Who's that ❓ ❗ ❓

😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

lenin wrote:

lol

😂 Feliks Edmundovich Dzerzhinsky says hello.

Now the first person who asks who that was before googling it, gets a stern lecture. 😂 😂 😂

It might be quicker to ask than to type that name out again 😳 😂

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

hey felix.
ha ha. not

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Here he is....

😀 😀

Very good! Feliks Edmundovich Dzerzhinsky was Lenin's (the real world one) security chief. He effectively prevented a number of assassination attempts on his boss. He founded the Cheka, which ultimately became the KGB. His nickname was Iron Feliks. I've used that name on usenet for years.

jzizzle Guest

glad to see there is other fans of Lenin on flight sim.

Pro Member Chief Captain

jzizzle wrote:

glad to see there is other fans of Lenin on flight sim.

I'm a fan of history. I'm not thrilled about Lenin (real-world), but I do have some respect for the accomplishments of Iron Feliks.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

This is for FS2002, but it might possibly work in FS2004:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3055/fs2002-domodedovo-airport-uudd-scenery/

Pro Member Trainee
como2006 Trainee

I use Avsim.ru all the time some great scenery and airports

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

http://www.igfly.com/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...