Landing problems?

I am having great difficulty lining up the aircraft to land on a runway. I can find the airport with no problems, I just can't get my approach path correct. I am not using ILS, but am using a visual approach. Does anyone have any tips?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
madbrit Guest

Lots of practice and lots of methods, but very basically:

Imagine the runway center line extended towards you and position the aircraft so the line would run along the outside of your right leg.

About two miles out 'fix' the runway threshold to a spot on the windshield. If it appears to move up apply power, if it appears to move down reduce power.

If there are VASI/PAPI lights to the left of the runway keep the same number of reds and whites. More reds, you're too low, increase power. More whites, you're too high, reduce power.

Make small adjustments and give the aircraft time to respond before making further adjustments. After a while you'll make the corrections more instinctively.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

madbrit wrote:

If there are VASI/PAPI lights to the left of the runway keep the same number of reds and whites. More reds, you're too low, increase power. More whites, you're too high, reduce power.

If its red your're dead!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

madbrit wrote:

If its red your're dead!!

Not excactly...Lets be serious...
Yes i have manage to land with 2R & 2W but i remember lot of times that i land with the 3R and some with 4.,
Im not the best pilot of the earth,probably im the worst, but i dont like people been afraid of things that easily can be managed...Landing is the most difficult but same time the best part of a flight.
Practicing without fear can make us better...Besides(and thanks God)its only a simulator which means that the only damage is probably our bad feelings of the miss trying and nothing more... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Absolutely. Just a phrase that always sticks in my mind.

😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...