Default-KCVG

Pro Member Trainee
Mike Chute (moscue) Trainee

Can someone direct me to the proper game CD# (and file path) so as I can copy and reload the file AR2_KCVG.bgl for this airport. I downloaded a current a/o but I did not realize the airport file I was using was already a replacement for the original. As a result I have a corrupted file. I would like to reload the default file without having to reload the entire game. Possible??

Thanks, Mike

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

RadarMan

Your info is really good but I need to replace my airport KCVG with the default airport. Where do you find airports on the game Disks.
My airport .bgl files are in a sub folder called "My World Airports" which is in the folder "Add On Scenery"

What disk is that on. I could not find it in the Compact Scenery or Complete Scenery. Is it a hidden folder??

Mike[/quote]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My guess (and that's all it is) is that it would be in a zip on disk #4.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If you cant get it off the cd,try a search of avsim for an afcad file for KCVG and install it with afcad2

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

i have a problem concerning KCVG.. i downloaded an AFCAD file to add the new runway at CVG along with the corresponding taxiways.. it worked perfectly.. but I can't seem to find a scenery file online that will get rid of the trees and autogens that were there before the new runway/taxiways were built... so I am getting trees all over the runway and taxiways 😕

anybody have a solution to this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Mike Chute (moscue) Trainee

It took a while but with everyone's help and some common sense, I found the default airports on the game disks. KCVG is on Game DISK 3 under ZIP MSGAME8.CAB and listed under namc (North America Central) as file AP925180.bgl (AP=Aiprort). By extracting that one file to a folder on my desktop, I then copied the file itself and was able to overwrite the corrupted file in my game under the path scenery/namc/scenery.

I have also recently dowloaded an addon from the this site which has the new runway configueration for KCVG, but in light of the problems outlined by PILOTGUY above, I am now reluctant to install.

Thanks everyone

Mike

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...