pilot fainting??

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

well heres what happened.... 😀
i was flying and then came very close to crashing so i pulled up hard on the joystick. The plane goes up and while the copilot is shouting warnings about g forces, everything fades and goes black. ❗ ❓
look at this

also if you nosedive into the ground it goes red

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
TimTim Guest

Blackouts and redouts

It happens,!!

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

yea, its a really nice effect, you can switch it off if you dont want it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

davidmac1 wrote:

yea, its a really nice effect, you can switch it off if you dont want it

I'm sure its not if you are in the aircraft at the time 😳

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

dude he wasn't fainting,your co pilot just crapped himself before "buying the farm".the black screen is the robes of the grim reaper coming for him....say a prayer,say a prayer.....amen. Crying or Very sad

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I have never used this feature, but always turned it off in the realisum settings.

I wonder does the black/red screen still appear if you are in spot view?

Pro Member Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I have never used this feature, but always turned it off in the realisum settings.

I wonder does the black/red screen still appear if you are in spot view?

I believe it does - although for the sake of realism, it shouldn't 😉

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

ty guys 😀

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

I was flying some Aircraft some place. On fs passenger and I was about to crash. And the co pilot said we are going to crash!!! Do something!! Tell my wife I love her!!! I not am kidding you its true!

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Lock-On does a good job of the effect, didn't know it was on fs. Read

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

These effects are great, i did not now about the red/black screens, but i do noticed something like co-pilot shouting when you do violent moves with the plane. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

violentviolet wrote:

dude he wasn't fainting,your co pilot just crapped himself before "buying the farm".the black screen is the robes of the grim reaper coming for him....say a prayer,say a prayer.....amen. Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the most inaccurate information I've seen in a while.

Has anyone ever noticed that the same folks who say dude, mate and m8, are the same ones who don't use capitalization where needed?

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

When im bored, ill fly the Extra 300 default aircraft at Oshkosh and sometime the screen will black or red out. i check how many g's im pulling and it can sometimes reach ten. that only happens when i pull out of a fast dive at low atitude.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

I havn't had a black out in a while, so can someone refresh my memory? When you black out does the hole screen go black or is it just outside the windows?

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

simon123 wrote:

I was flying some Aircraft some place. On fs passenger and I was about to crash. And the co pilot said we are going to crash!!! Do something!! Tell my wife I love her!!! I not am kidding you its true!

What i have heard is, "we're gonna hit the ground! Mum, i love ya!"

Or at least, thats what it sounds like

Pro Member Chief Captain

A black out is when blood is forced away from your head due to excess G force which means you temporarily can't see anything - not even the panel 😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

but look at the picture in the very first post

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

MS applied the "feature" to scenery only.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

Ahh, thank you. A bit silly though, Isn't it?

99jolegg wrote:

A black out is when blood is forced away from your head due to excess G force which means you temporarily can't see anything - not even the panel 😉

Good explanation

But can anyone tell me what a redout is then?? I'm guessing its too much blood??

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

A rush of blood to the the head? i'm guessing

Pro Member Chief Captain

I just checked and yes, my mistake, sorry - for some reason, black out only applies to the scenery Dont Know

A red out is a lot worse than a black out. A red out is when blood is forced to the retinal arterioles so you see as though you had blood in your eyes. Excessive negative G's can cause hemorrhages in the brain.

😉

99jolegg wrote:

I just checked and yes, my mistake, sorry - for some reason, black out only applies to the scenery Dont Know

A red out is a lot worse than a black out. A red out is when blood is forced to the retinal arterioles so you see as though you had blood in your eyes. Excessive negative G's can cause hemorrhages in the brain.

😉

Thanks. Red outs sound very serious.

I can't wait til I get flying lessons for my 16th birthday, I might try and get a red out Wink

Kidding by the way!! lol

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

99jolegg wrote:

Ouch!!! Fear

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Faucett wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

Ouch!!! Fear

Well thats about +G´s, but what about -G´s, i think it is a rush of blood to the head.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it's very hard to black out in fs, pull a loop too fast and you will - but why would you?

it doesn;t happen in spot view Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oberkomando wrote:

Well thats about +G´s, but what about -G´s, i think it is a rush of blood to the head.

Red outs are from negative G's (-Gs). Just the same as black outs are from positive G's (+G's)

😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...