upgrade to new plane

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

hello everybody, i havent been on this forum for months now! gosh... ive been rily busy including advancing to state science fair. if it werent for my trusty FS2004 i wouldnt have made as far as i did. any way to the topic. ive been flying a cessna 150 aerobat which ive been fly all around my home state of california. at the state science fair, a licensed private pilot told me if i wanted a career in aviation as a pilot...wich i do...i should move onto a bigger plane on the simulator. so im taking suggestions on what i should upgrade to. all suggestions are apprecieated!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Try a smaller civil craft at first.....like the BAe J31 perhaps

Heres a really good one from avsim.

Filename = djc_ai_js41.zip

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'd try a small business jet next like a Citation, Learjet or Dassault Falcon:

Citation (its payware):
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15209/eaglesoft-cessna-citation-x/

Dassault Falcon ( its freeware):
http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=35440

Filename over at www.avsim.com : fc7x-moz.zip

Both are of very high quality and are easy to fly for beginners 😉

Pro Member First Officer

im looking more for a turboprop maybe like a Beech 1900D... even better if the airline is based, flie within or flies to california. i might try a EMB120...

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

earthqu8kes wrote:

im looking more for a turboprop maybe like a Beech 1900D... even better if the airline is based, flie within or flies to california. i might try a EMB120...

Rather than go straight to a turbine engine aircraft I would suggest something like the default Mooney Bravo or the Dreamfleet Bonanza A36. Both introduce some of the attributes of complex aircraft like landing gear, constant speed propellers, cowl flaps, air brakes for the Mooney, and engine power management using EGT and manifold pressure. Both are much faster and also have nice IFR cabable nav suites. In the case of the A36 it has an extremely capable instrument set. Read the manuals and fly these planes like they are supposed to be flown. When controlling all the components of the single engine complex aircraft is second nature, move on to the Baron 58 and start learning about twin engine flying. Then I would move into turbine aircraft with maybe the King Air. If you do become a commercial pilot this is likely how your actual training will progress.

Pro Member First Officer

Dreamfleet is payware right?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

pilatus pc12 perhaps? afg to a freeware one and flight1 do a very good payware

they're easy to fly, fast, swiss..

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

earthqu8kes wrote:

Dreamfleet is payware right?

Yes, it was like $26.95 and I think worth it. Take a look:

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/A36/preview_home.html

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...