Flashing textures

Rich T Guest

Having purchased a super-duper computer, I was hoping FS9 would be trouble free and smooth flying. However, I am still getting annoying things happen.

My main annoyance at the moment is that sometimes plane or airport textures keep blacking-out and re-appearing. Why is this?

Other annoyances are ATC passing me back and forth and giving me incorrect instructions, AI planes flying through me and disappearing, sometimes my altimeter is constantly incorrect, and the weather suddenly changing in a flash!!

I just want it to be realistic, and yet there always appears to be something wrong!! Does anyone else experience these?

Rich

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
TimTim Guest

Sounds confusing, but I'm sure if we get the right information we'll be able to help you

What are your computer specs??
Do you have the latest DirectX installed??
Is your video card's drivers up to date??

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Need specs, absolutely. Give us your system and then others can recommend some settings for you. FS9 is all in the settings (and there are a lot of them), so even if you have an uber-computer it won't play to your expectations until you tweak it. Yes

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

For the flashing textures it sounds like a weak graphics card.
Try pressing B to get the correct pressure setting
Go to your weather settings and change "Rate of Change" or something similar to that , in the bottom right hand corner. Its also in "User Defined Weather".

Like the others said, you'll need your PC specs to get a decent answer 😉

Thanks for the replies.

My computer specs are as follows:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
Processor speed: 2.4GHz
Maximum memory: 4GB
Motherboard: ECS KN1 SLI Extreme
Motherboard chipset: nVidia nForce4 SLI
Memeory bus speed: 200Mhz

Graphics technology: PCI Express (SLI)
Graphics card: 2 x Inno3D 7900GT 256MB SLI
Graphics chipset: nVidia GeForce 7900GT SLI
Graphics memory: 256MB x 2
Display: Xerox 19" LCD 8ms

Current FS9 settings are as advised here: [url]https://flyawaysimulation.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=97237#97237

This helped to make it run smoother and get rid of the blurring around the aircraft when in flight.

My usual choice of weather settings is Real World (Static) and rate of change set to Extreme.

With regards to pressing 'B' to adjust the altimeter, sometimes I go through a flight doing this every other minute!!

Rich[/url]

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

First of all nice specs.

You do understand that FS9 isn't configured for SLi use? You are wasting a decent graphics card. Also you will more than likely need a new graphics card when FSX and DirectX10 comes out?

You do realise that when you install FS9, you have to install each application then start up FS9 after each installation. If not then you will get corrupted files.

This is how to do it.

First of all Defrag your hard drive
Install FS9 take a quick flight
Install the FS9.1 update (a google search will find it)
Install your Terrain mesh, take a quick flight
Install your mesh, take a quick flight
Install your addon scenery, after every scenery addon take a quick flight
Install your addon aircraft, same as above
Install your Ulitilies.

That way if somethign goes wrong you will now which addon is causing problems.

You should run Defrag & Scandisk at least once every two weeks.

It's called getting the right balance.

Thanks Steve

Every item I have added to FS9 I have gone into and tested before moving on to the next. I also defrag a couple of times a week. I did not however know of the update, so I will donwload this and have a read.

I have also come across a package on the net called PC Energizer, which says it will find any errors in DirectX and graphics set-up and can fix them. It offers a free scan and then requires payment if you want the erros fixed. Of course it found 10 on my system, but is this just the usual ploy to get you to buy. Have you heard of this before?

Rich

TimTim Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Steve

Every item I have added to FS9 I have gone into and tested before moving on to the next. I also defrag a couple of times a week. I did not however know of the update, so I will donwload this and have a read.

I have also come across a package on the net called PC Energizer, which says it will find any errors in DirectX and graphics set-up and can fix them. It offers a free scan and then requires payment if you want the erros fixed. Of course it found 10 on my system, but is this just the usual ploy to get you to buy. Have you heard of this before?

Rich

I have never heard of this before. To be honest I would stay well away from it, don't buy it, there are more than likely software that will do it for free. If its one of them programs "this only showed half the results, to see the rest please purchase" then stay well clear

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

I get it all the time!

I need to upgrade but is it worth doing?
The amount of money you can spend. And the dealer just wants to sell. So he will feed you {wrong information}

Sometimes plane or airport textures keep blacking-out and re-appearing.

And you know what gets me, when I download an aircraft. And I choose that on in my select aircraft. Sometimes the aircraft has no skin on. So it’s just all silver no paint works on it. I can’t be doing with that.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...