Crashing

rcny019 Guest

after the splash screen the whole screen would go black and the the crash message would appear...does anyone how i can access the change movie thing?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What does the message say and what movie do you mean. Also give us your computer specs.

Radar

rcny019 Guest

it gives me the splash screen, then goes to a blank screen and then returns to the desktop and says that warning that MSFT FS2004 has encountered a problem and needs to close. I click Dont Send and the game shuts down

rcny019 Guest

i have heard people say they fixed the problem by correcting the movieintro file in config

a pentium 4, 2.66 gig processor, a soundmax soundcard, a radeon 9200 se videocard, windows XP

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's an older video card which can be causing the crash. I don't know why you think it's a movie problem and I don't know of a fix in the CFG. for it.
I would clean out the drivers and load the oldest you can find.

Crash it and find out what MS say's it is and we should be able to fix it.
You have a good CPU, older card (should use older drivers) but how much ram (memory).

Radar

rcny019 Guest

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's good enough, most have at least 1 gig, now find out the message and clean out and reinstall the video drivers.

Radar

Here something some1 said in another topic:

First of all, after the successful installation process it wouldn't start at all: just after the splash screen the whole screen would go black and the the crash message would appear. Well, I fixed that by switching off the introduction movie in configuration file (as M$ support suggested me)[/quote]

rcny019 Guest

i crashed it so what info do you need

rcny019 Guest

I fixed that problem by switching off the introduction movie in configuration file (as M$ support suggested me). Yes, the game started, but I was immediately thrown into a cockpit of Cessna at some airport.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Either reinstall it or hit the "Alt" key and choose aircraft from the top menu and set the one you want, you can also do that with airports, weather etc.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...